Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the look of the 6R and 9R, but the 7R is an awesome bike. Im not a fan of the new 6R and i figure the 7R is really do for a facelift. It hasn't changed in a while. I would almost bet money that if they do it soon, its going to look like the 6R.

anyone know anything?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
I wouldn't be too shocked if it didn't appear in the 2004 line-up. Suzuki is talking about dropping their 750,and with Kawi and Suzi working together my guess would be that as of 2004 there are no 750's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,891 Posts
I'm kinda surprised it hasn't already been dropped for 2003. That's one bike I did not expect to see in the lineup. It's none too shocking that the Gixxer is still around. Though it won't be raced, it's still getting great reviews by the ever-important magazines. :rolleyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
The AMA superbike rules have just been announced, and the il4 750 are allowed an overbore, so long as it doesn't exceed 800cc's. No word from Kawi, but can a zx"8"r (bored zx7r) be in the works for Eboz next year?

Someone told me the gixxer was running well in overbore testing. I also heard AMA (or WSB I dunno) had talked about allowing this a few seasons ago, and that kawi had an 850cc replcement for the 7 in the works, but at the last minute the plans changed (for the series) and the bike had to be cancelled.
 

·
MotoGP World Champion
Joined
·
21,790 Posts
Why change it? It looks great, handles great, and is a lot cheaper than a Gixxer ----- a full 2 grand less, in fact. I've seen a couple new '02 models going for $7500. Just because a Gixxer performs better doesn't mean it's a better bike for you. Barely anyone could use a Gixxer to its potential anyway.
 

·
There's a gun in my truck
Joined
·
4,816 Posts
im afraid the 750 class will be no longer next year. the 7r is a great bike, handles like its on rails:D not quite as fast as the gixxer out of the box, but w/ the right mods, she will scream..


BTW, my 99 is for sale:p [email protected]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,277 Posts
Spike said:
I wouldn't be too shocked if it didn't appear in the 2004 line-up. Suzuki is talking about dropping their 750,and with Kawi and Suzi working together my guess would be that as of 2004 there are no 750's.
Eeeeeeennnnnnt!

Contrary to what you've read or heard, they are NOT working together. There was some talk about it..... but it never happened.
 

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
Joined
·
19,663 Posts
JumpmasterRT said:
Eeeeeeennnnnnt!

Contrary to what you've read or heard, they are NOT working together. There was some talk about it..... but it never happened.
yes they are.

http://www.sportbikes.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4075&highlight=merger

but they are keeping it out of the streetbike world for now.

The ZX7R is a much better racing platform than the ZX9R, so Kawi has to import it to allow Eboz to race it.

If the ZX10 is produced next year, I predict they will drop the 7R, but the suzuki sells too well to be dropped for a while.
 

·
Wait'll they get a load a me...
Joined
·
3,456 Posts
karl_1052 said:
yes they are.

http://www.sportbikes.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4075&highlight=merger

but they are keeping it out of the streetbike world for now.

The ZX7R is a much better racing platform than the ZX9R, so Kawi has to import it to allow Eboz to race it.

If the ZX10 is produced next year, I predict they will drop the 7R, but the suzuki sells too well to be dropped for a while.
agreed, Suzuki is selling the 750 like crazy, and it's an awesome machine, I don't think it will get dropped anytime soon, maybe not as much R&D as 600 & liters, but it wont go anywhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
well, i heard that the 7R program is done.....no more. which really sucks...i myself am a 7R rider.....love the machine but yes i agree, the dinosaur needs a face lift. but the 6R is badass!!! the nose looks like a shark. yeah it resembles a R1 but it looks MEANER......a lot meaner!
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top