Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I see a lot of people on here who are either into web developing, publishing, designing, teching, or whatever it is that all you puter peeps do, BUT WHERE ARE ALL THE GRAFX DESIGNERS AT? Let's see some of you work? ANyone into flash. have any good ones you'd like to share..I love looking at others web designs and flash material, it's quite intriguing...just pisses me off cuz i've played with flash and dreamweaver and photoshop and still to this day (after like 3 yrs.) i cannot master or even call myself a l33t designer... I want all the people out there who can make phat grafx on ps, and create a catchy design for their site, or even make an awesome flash to let us all know what's up..I'd love to see some work (although flash would probably kill CF's bandwidth so that might not be a good idea..) You can always email me it. I like the top banner on the apoc setting...it is really original and creative..see i guess that's my prob, i'm not creative...

So let's see some sh!T !!!! :p

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
don't have anything incredibly flashy (excuse the pun). but my portfolio is online at http://members.aol.com/jeffynee

i do lots of retouching. but mostly for fixes and clean-up and not as much just for crazy stuff. but if you need any ps advice, just let me know. i've been using it since version 2 or something ridiculous like that.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
X Racer said:
Some of my stuff can be seen at my site here : www.werksmedia.com
thats what i am talking about xracer...nice site...wish i could set up sometyhing like that..very nice job..where'd you learn to use ps and design like that?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Taught myself.... I did a couple photoshop tutorials online to familiarize myself with the tools, but thats about it. I learned html online too from a few sites that offer tips, and learned to code from day one. I don't use any design mode programs, I either code in homesite's coding window or I just use notepad... If you really want to get into it, I suggest learning the code and coding by hand. Its much easier that way I think.....

If you want some links to a couple places with good info to help, let me know...

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
X Racer said:
Nice work falcorex... You are the same guy I was talking to at SBN a long time ago about music too... Guess were into pretty much the same things...
oh yeah. now if you're into wrapping yourself in saran wrap held on by extra-tight rubber bands and jumping into a vat of whipped cream then we're practically twins. oh wait, did i just say that?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
falcorex said:
oh yeah. now if you're into wrapping yourself in saran wrap held on by extra-tight rubber bands and jumping into a vat of whipped cream then we're practically twins. oh wait, did i just say that?
Knew that sounded corny when I typed it... As for the saran wrap and whipped cream thing, "why, is that something I should give a try ?"

:laughing

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
my little bro is thinkin' about becoming a graphics designer... any advice for him? (he's a senior this year...)

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
senior in high school or college? to be in a creative field, you have to have a portfolio of your work. usually people put their books together in school. so there are a number of design schools out there. which ones you choose depend on how much money you want to spend. but a good starting point for him is to probably pick up some books on design and typography. then to invest in some good software packages that designers use. names, photoshop, illustrator, quark/indesign, etc. anyone else have any comments?

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
remember, he's in KS and there's NOTHING there... so it's not gonna be easy for him..

there's a vo tech that offers that course.... what do you think of that?

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
not sure z. i suppose it's better than nothing. i think people can teach themselves and do a good job. i've only dealt with designers who were trained at schools, so i can't really comment too much on how he can educate himself out of the normal design schools. he will certainly need to learn how to use those computer programs though. maybe if he starts learning those, he'll be able to start learning the design stuff on his own. wish i could be of more help, but i put my book together in undergrad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts