Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sold some stuff on ebay, gave paypal the boot, and this is my new form of payment acceptance-now that I have these, where can I go to cash them? Any suggestions? Do I have to go to those check cashing places? I just moved and am in between banks or id just take em to the bank.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Most banks should cash them and like Z said can verify if they are real. Other then that depending on who issued it, you should be able to take it to one of the locations and get it cashed there.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
1. Most money orders are cashable where they are drafted (Western Union, Post Office, etc.).

2. I don't think the post office will cash non-US Post Office money orders. They might do Canadian ones, but I know the USPS has money orders intended for foreign use and others for domestic use.

3. To cover your ass, insist ONLY on USPS money orders for eBay. This way, if it's fraud, the federal government will investigate it for you as mail fraud. You won't get that from anyone else.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zer0netgain said:
1. Most money orders are cashable where they are drafted (Western Union, Post Office, etc.).

2. I don't think the post office will cash non-US Post Office money orders. They might do Canadian ones, but I know the USPS has money orders intended for foreign use and others for domestic use.

3. To cover your ass, insist ONLY on USPS money orders for eBay. This way, if it's fraud, the federal government will investigate it for you as mail fraud. You won't get that from anyone else.
yea, i just talked to a postal inspector, said they arent even looking at fraud's under $1000........they must be busy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts