Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I see an area for Charlotte and for the Triad but how bout Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg and Raleigh... I realize that this is the land of straight flat roads over here but there are a ton of bikes in this area...

Where is everyone? :p

My husband and I just moved here from East TN and dont quite know our way around yet or where there may be some slightly twisty roads. I realize that we will not get anything like what we came from but there has to be something over here... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
710 Posts
When I was at Fort Bragg, we would go ride out with the Charlotte Crew up into Tennessee alot. Boone, Asheville all the way up to Shady Valley TN. Other than that you don't have much of a choice for twisty roads.

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
For local riders, go over and talk to Rod at the Suzuki dealer. (big sales guy also a Firefighter)They do a run up to Chapel Hill on Sundays thats worth a look into. When those guys really want to ride they come over to E. TN. Also if he is still there, the parts guy might be able to help you, but I cant recall his name. Retro guy into older triumphs.

Zoom and I were stationed there together. Not much going on with the SB crowd due to the thug wanna be drag race crowd. We did our best to get a working click of riders for a few years.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ridin round the ville

Hey Ya'll,
I'm like semi retired now.....I hang out a lot in my "Old Guys Garage" and we still ride.....Our default ride is to dhapel hill and I like to blast over to Uwharrie Nat. Forsest.....got some great roads to ride over there.....Hey Streak, sold the TL......was a bit tough on my old back...but I got me a VFR.....comfy and a blast...Anybody wabt to rideglad to have you with us....I come through here now and then...have posted up about a project in old bike pages....
Daytona Hotie,if you asnd your hubby want to rideyou are welcome.You may also want to try CarolinaRiders.com on the Fayetteville page.....most of our posted rides are there.....Jeff take care....I want to get up your way this year....
Rod:draggin

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
I didnt realize you had something on carolina riders. Ill go and mark it and try to watch for something coming up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts