Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some new rubber on its way and since most of you here are local I was wonderig if you had any inputs as to where to get my new tires mounted and balanced. Obviousley the cheaper the better, but I don't want to go to someone who will end up screwing something up.

·
Wannabe racer................
2,520 Posts
I think the cheapest you'll find at a shop is about 40 bucks with the tires already off the bike. It'll be more if you bring the whole bike to them.

If you or a buddy are in the military you can go to the hobby shop on Oceana and use the tire changer there; they have the adapters you need for motorcycle tires.

Just make sure the colored dot is lined up with your valve and you'll be good to go!

·
Ride Red!
747 Posts
If you can wait until the 16th when I get back home, I have the NoMar Pro model that WILL NOT scratch your rims, guaranteed. My brother is the President/Owner of the company. Check out www.nomartirechanger.com. I charge $25 for one tire on the bike, $40 for 2 on the bike, $20 for one off the bike, and $35 for both off the bike. Off the bike meaning you bring the wheels and tires to me, off the bike meaning you ride the bike to my place. I live in Suffolk. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that $40 per or total? If it is per that is a little more than I was hoping for. $40 per is about what I was hoping for if I brought the bike in and had them do all of the work. I am in the military and stationed at Oceana and have no problems doing the work myself except for the fact I don't have a front stand which makes it a little tough getting the front tire off.

Greg...you have a PM on the way.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
25 per tire off the bike if you take the old sneaker with you, 28 if you leave it. Add 10 bucks per scenario if you bring the whole bike. Check the sig.

·
Ride Red!
747 Posts
That'll be $40 for both if you ride to my place. I have front and rear stands. Got your PM.

Hey Jester, have you figured out which way the arrows go on the tires yet? hehehehe :nanana

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
uh, i think we charge $45 on the bike, $25 off, no tire disposal fees.

don't quote me though.... i don't do prices.. i just fix stuff.

jester... what did i miss? have a habit of putting tires on backwards do we?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Nah I like to try and put the rear tire on the front and vice versa.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
It is a whole lot of fun to mount tires on harley wheels especially when you realize that the pulley and the rotor are mounted oppesite that of japanese sport bikes

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The one I changed the tire last friday, twice

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
hehe.. that's why we have dedicated harley tech's at my shop.....i don't have to mess with that stuff.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
so do we, care to guess who that might be

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
you??????

·
Lazy-Dog-Design.com
5,714 Posts
skr00zloose said: