Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
something bad happen?
I hope not at least. Id rather hear something like he is tring to go to school again or college fund for kids or something other than bad news:(

·
Registered
148 Posts
No Streak, nothing bad happened to Colin, just needs more time to focus on family and other aspects of life. I can relate, my bike hasn't moved in three weeks.

·
6,239 Posts
thats a good thing!

Beleave it or not, Ill have a few weeks here and there that I wont ride. Or if I do it will be very local, but I try to get in at least one big ride a month if possible. besides that I tried the no ride thing for 3 years......my wife likes me alot better now. This is my release, I quit drinking , going out, all I do now is play on bike sites when im not riding or doing anything around the house, and plan a good getaway for a day.

Next time you talk to him tell him not to be too much of a stranger. Could always us that extra wit every once in awhile.

·
I miss my daggone stars
12,002 Posts
Well thats why I can only ride saturdays :thumb

I ride alot, and post alot....but sundays are for God and family ;)

And every weeknight it for family too......you won't catch me riding on a weeknight.

I get to go on 2 rallies a year.....usually a thur-saturday night deal. Thats about it.

Colin is doing what he has too.....but my wife knows if I can't get out on the bike at LEAST 2 saturdays a month I get grumpy :shake

I love my wife :thumb

·
6,239 Posts
I get one day out of the weekend......as for rallies go, she goes with. She likes to ride too, and she will be out more once we get moved and have more people to watch the kids so we can ride. Its kinda one of those, if we have nothing planned, I can ride, but if there is something going on or she has a long weekend along with me, then its a family outing. Which we havent had many of this year due to the baby..well being a baby. Looking forward to him being old enough next year to be able to do some fun stuff with...and ohhhh cant wait for him to be old enough to get into baseball!!!!!!!

As far as the girls go........they are girls and old enough to not be into what dads like. They are into Mom stuff. Am very happy to have a son finally!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sounds like we need to start and new forum:

The Married Riders Forum:D

A lot of folks I ride with are single and ride every weekend, not sure they understand my reasoning about not going very often.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When to ride

Every man has to choose what is best for him, no matter what day (or how many days) of the week he gets to ride.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Married Guy's Forum

I can relate--Wife + little baby + work = little riding. But riding is never boring since I don't get to go often. When I go, it is usually one or two hours.

Like Streak, I'm ready for the little one to get into baseball. I would buy a glove, but I don't know if he is right-handed or left-handed yet!!

If he gets into riding, I'll probably get shot!

On second thought, the Married Guy's Forum would be pissing and moaning about not going riding--lets skip it--lol.

·
6,239 Posts
well I wouldnt be pissing and moaning, my wife lets me ride! She is happy to see me ride because it makes me an easier person to live with! She went thru hell and back during the I cant ride for three years...
she thinks she hears alot about bikes now, back then I went to bed every night showing her pictures of the latest cycle world. sport rider, rider , etc etc until she finally said just buy the damn bike already im tired of hearing about them.
I stayed local until the baby was born and then once she was all healthy and comfy I started going out farther. Im home every night, thats what matters to her!
One day a weekend only, but I make damn sure Im so sore from riding that day I dont want to ride until the next weekend or couple weekends later however the time period falls.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts