Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
which riding boots do you use?

Right now I am wearing some very attractive mens joe Rocket blaster boots. :shake I have been looking at the ladies Sidi boots. I am looking for just street use now and possibly somethin that will work on the track. So tell me ladies what are you wearin when you ride?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Daytona..Daytona. I have a narrow foot and I can't believe how good these boots fit. Lots of styles and range of costs.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lil Red said:
Daytona..Daytona. I have a narrow foot and I can't believe how good these boots fit. Lots of styles and range of costs.
How well do they breathe ??

·
Forum Leader,
18,928 Posts
Race verts and I doubt I will get anything different. These boots are awesome and worth every penny. My low side proved that to me.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Alpine Star SMX+ I love 'em.

·
Track addict
245 Posts
Sidi Vertebra II. Since they're my only boots, I wear them on the street too. I'd like to get the Sidi women's street boots but I don't think I can get them in my size. For some reason, specialty shoe manufacturers like this think that all women have small feet. I'm on that borderline because I wear a women's size 9. Most of the time I can get away with men's boots/shoes but that tiny fraction of increased width in the men's shoes makes the fit a bit loose. Thick socks and sole inserts help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have Alpine Stars tech series and mens Teknic boots. Both boots are very comfy but the Teknic are best for tucking my leathers in. Being only 5'4 though i have to have both boot soles made bigger by adding 1/4 inch of rubber to them. Least i can touch the floor now!!

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Alpine Stars FS GP. They fit well, have ventilation and have ankle and shin guards inside. I can tuck in leathers or zip over. Either way.
I got a smoking deal on ebay ($80) so I got 'em! :D

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
woodsatyr said:
Sidi Vertebra II. Since they're my only boots, I wear them on the street too. I'd like to get the Sidi women's street boots but I don't think I can get them in my size. For some reason, specialty shoe manufacturers like this think that all women have small feet. I'm on that borderline because I wear a women's size 9. Most of the time I can get away with men's boots/shoes but that tiny fraction of increased width in the men's shoes makes the fit a bit loose. Thick socks and sole inserts help.
+1

This is me to a tee...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I usually prefer to ride in Frey Daytona Ladystar (now called M-Star) boots with the 1" lifted soles when I'm just hacking around town on my R-6. They're more comfortable because I'm pretty short and am really on my toes with the R-6. I can get away with the much lower Sidi's on my 999 or if I'm riding the R-6 on known terrain. They're a little bulky, but don't present a problem if you adjust the shifter a little.
They are also great winter boots. These run kind of wide, as they are really only made in the men's M-Star model now. Even if you order the LadyStar, you will get the M-Star. Available from Helimot.

For more serious riding, I like the Sidi Race Vertebra boots. They give great protection and are really comfortable. Occasional tightening and lubing with WD-40 of the numerous screws keeps them functional and not squeaking. Any of the Sidi boots are wonderful--I also like the customer service from their distributor, Motonation, a lot. I would say the less expensive B-1 model or the standard Vertebra model offer more than enough protection for all sportbike street riding. Haven't tried their cruiser-style boots, but these people just don't make any bad products.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you to all for your responses... I like my joe rockets because I can tuck my leathers in, but they hurt my feet:( ... I think I am going to try to get some sidi's next....

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Sidi Vert2's here as well. I'm about to sell 'em to another chica on here (her feet are smaller than mine :laughing they'll fit her better) most likely will get another pair of Vert2's. I like them very well. May go try on some A-stars.... I'm one of those weird people that feels the need to try everything on before they buy :laughing

·
Moderator,
2,475 Posts
Sidi verts also +1

I think I will go for the smx's though next time, they fit my foot much better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sidi Vert II's...I love them!!! If they make the race in my size that will be my next boot...I do want to see the Ladie's A-star SMX, and try them on, I hear from a fellow lady rider here that they fit well on her feet...

·
Registered
850 Posts
Gaerne Shockwave on the track, Gaerne RX2 in the dirt, and my favorite Cruiserworks Lady Rider for cruising and everything else including dressing up - I LOVE THESE BOOTS and take them with everywhere!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts