1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which tire size should I use?
I have 2 tries one is a Donlap Sportmax 180/55/17
and the other one is a Donlap Sportmax 190/50/17
which one would be better for my Super Hawk, they both have about the same tread on them.

Are bikes like a car with the lower profile, better handeling???

Does a geginner matter at all?

·
Speedaholic
2,590 Posts
They both should fit, and will work fine. But with a 5.5 rear rim like you have, I'd put on the 180.

The 190/50 will be a flatter profile, and the bike will be harder to turn, but more stable. The 180/55 will have a bigger contact patch at full lean, and will allow it to turn much easier.

I've tried 190's and 180's. I like the 180 much better. It makes it feel like it drops into corners, where I have to muscle the 190 into a turn.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot guys, the 180 it is , I will save the 190 for the future when I need a new tire.
sometime next week I should be able to start riding this thing,

Will it be a problem learning to ride with bent forks if I change them before I leave the neighborhood???

·
Registered
285 Posts
It depends on the extremity of the bend. If you will only be in the neighborhood, and the path of travel of the tire and bars is fine at speed you will probably be ok. I'm no mechanic, so you might wanna ask John. I do know that it may seem fine at low speeds and get out of hand when you get going, so get a 2nd opinion for sure. Good Luck~! and TAKE THE MSF

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
i would say to change them first... you dont wana go get used t them being tweaked and then have to learn it all over again when you put the stright ones on there.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I didnt think of getting used to it, then changing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts