Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway I rode a 900ss earlier today and loved it. I have to admit its a little low on the power but still plenty of fun. To bad the weather turned to shiet with a little hail earlier this evening. Well when I parked the bike in the garage today, I noticed something about the steering lock. On almost every bike that I know of, you have to turn the steering all the way to the left before engaging that steering lock. On my old zook I couldn't even lock the steering unless it was turned full left. But on the 900ss I was able to lock the wheel when it was turned full right. Is that normally how the dukes are? I have never been on one other than the 900ss. Interesting. I thought bikes were more stable parked when the wheel was turned to the left. (which is why i thought the wheel lock could only be engaged when turned left).

·
Registered
124 Posts
I thought it was too the left I never tried it to the right on my 748

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
It will work both ways on my 748, but it doesnt work right now as the steering degree is changed.. more performance or a sterring lock? um....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.