Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed alot of used bikes for sale include the owners gear, and the price seams to be kicked up a few hundred dollars.

Who wants ill fitting sweat stanked gear? :confused

·
yes it is
131 Posts
I've wondered that too. It certatnly wouldn't be me buying that stuff. :confused

Why would I possibly want someone elses helmet? Safety and fit issues aside, the hygene and odor issues creep me out. Eww, yuch!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I would never buy a used helmet! Actually I wouldn't buy boots used either or gloves, anyway how much are gloves to buy brand new, not that much.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Depends. I once bought a used bike from a guy who was selling it because his fiance wouldn't let him keep it (hey - his loss, my gain). He wanted to sell her helmet, too. It was a brand-new Shoei RF800. She hated bikes, and I couldn't even tell that the helmet had been worn once. I bought it for $50 and used it as my spare/passenger helmet for four years.

But stanky stuff? Heelllllll no! (Feels good to be able to cuss again.)

·
Registered
110 Posts
i wouldnt pay extra for it...but would take it....sell it on ebay or just in case of a passenger or something

·
Where we going?
3,221 Posts
SportyChick said:
anyway how much are gloves to buy brand new, not that much.
Well, if you're going to buy good gloves, anywhere from $100 up to $300 or so. :D

When I bought my F4i used, I got a JR Meteor, a JR Pheonix, a Shoei Z-II (two shields), a Shoei RF-900, JR Speedmaster Gloves. He was getting out and didn't have use for the stuff anymore. It was all in VERY good condition.

Gear makes excellent incentives. It might get you a few extra bucks, and it might not. Personally, the extra's made that bike a much better deal for me. Everything but the helmets actually fit me, and My girlfriend uses the Z-II.

The Z-II didn't have a mark on it. If it did, I would have sent it to Shoei to have it x-rayed. If they say its good, than you have no worries. I don't believe that they charge you to check a helmet, but I'm not sure.

I also have a used Fieldsheer 1-piece. It was crashed in, but had NO structural damage. I paid $230 and it is an $800+ suit new.

Used isn't bad. You just have to make sure you inspect it, and know what you're buying. It helps to know what to look for when you're inspecting too ;)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
LeanAngle said:
Well, if you're going to buy good gloves, anywhere from $100 up to $300 or so. :D

Like I said, it doesn't cost too much to buy good gloves. If you can afford to buy a sportbike, then you should be able to afford to buy the proper gear.

·
Where we going?
3,221 Posts
SportyChick said:
Like I said, it doesn't cost too much to buy good gloves. If you can afford to buy a sportbike, then you should be able to afford to buy the proper gear.
Well, $150 isn't gonna break the bank, but I was happy to get my speedmasters with the bike. If somebody is gonna give you $150 for buying their bike, I'd take it. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would just E-bay it to some other fool.
I'm apparently that fool. Bought my helmet and jacket used. I know I'm going to scuff them up so no need to have them shiny. Helmet was just about new. Just buy from states w/o helmet laws. Most people here own helmets they just don't wera 'em cause their not cool. :shake

Now I need some used Joe Rocket leather pants..anyone have any?:D :p

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
<-- always buys new gear!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I never have much money so I would buy used gear from a place like new enough.com or if I could inspect the gear my self. I would never buy a used helmet no mater how good it looked.

“Feels good to be able to cuss again.”

Well as a person who does not cuss, it feels good do be in a place where it means something.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm with you Kratz, I just bought a used helmet, a Shoei RF900 that matches the Busa. Guy only had it a couple months and sold his bike. It is like new inside and out, and I got it for less then half what a new one would cost. But I'm a cheap bastard.:laughing

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've never bought used gear, but may have some to sell. :)

Actually, I've given some away to impecunious biker friends, usually gloves. But I've got a used Shoei helmet or two that I will never wear again but can't see throwing out. Of course, one is seven years old, another four, so they're due to go to the trash. I'm tempted to put them up for sale and answer the door having not taken a shower for a few days with my greasy hair all matted to my head. "So, you want to buy my helmet?"

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Actually, I can't afford new gear. My helmet, gloves and boots I bought new. Oh and my FS Ait Titanium Jacket, but my leathr pants came from eBay. One pair is brand new, from a guy who was very optomistic about how his diet was going to go. He gave up and put them on there (the still have the tag). These are brand new Teknic pants and cost me $61.

I also got a pair of Vent Tech pants with knee pucks for $76. If not for eBay, I never would be able to afford full gear.

·
Where we going?
3,221 Posts
Speed_Addiction said:
One pair is brand new, from a guy who was very optomistic about how his diet was going to go. He gave up and put them on there (the still have the tag). These are brand new Teknic pants and cost me $61.
Yeah, there are definately a lot of good deals on ebay. There are also a lot of people trying to rip you off selling new stuff.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Kratz< what kind of big used/new gear are You lookin for? I have a bunch of stuff that I ordered In to see what I'd like or would fit right. This stuff Is all new Two JR Textile Jackets / 3 Pair Of JR Pants / 1 Pair Of Phoenix Pants 3XL/ 1 Techniques Perforated Size 56. Ill sell Ya any of It for cost and ship It free. This Stuff Is not normal Inventory at My shop. By the By The Two Jr jackets Are Both 3X and the pants are 1 ballistic XL, 1 Ballistic 2XL, 1 Revoulution (ithink) XL.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well I have a Blaster Jacket (I'm a 54 chest). But need some pants. Waist is about a 38 (which is a little loose but a 36 is a little tight). Any of those pants leather?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts