Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
I went to bed at 8 and got home at 11
17,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This can include Aunts and Uncles too. Just try to limit it to close family, not those second-cousin-once-removed type peps!

In my family, I am the only one who rides. I'm not the only one who knows about motorcycles. ;) I'm just the only one who rides one!

Oh, and my husband rides too! ;)

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
I ride :)
Chris rides :)

My cousin rides.. although not very good .. he thinks he's Rossi when really he needs training wheels

My Dad rode
My Grad Dad rode
My Nanna did
My two Aunties
and my Uncle also rode bikes in their hey days :)

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Currently owns AND rides... me and my Dad. I got him a great deal last year on a wrecked GL1800. He put it back together last year, but was only able to ride it a couple of time because of his neck injury from the South Pole. This year, I hope we can actually ride together for the first time! (I rode as a passenger on his older CB750K once several years ago) AND, we both have yellow bikes! :p

My Dad started riding when he was about 50. His g/f had a little Honda that she toured all over the US, and he bought that 750 so he wouldn't have to ride as her passenger. Then her son crashed hard and fast on a sportbike, and now she only rides behind my Dad, though she still owns the bike.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I am the only one in my immediate family who rides. I hear my uncle wants a Harley, but my aunt says NO! :citadel

My husband is the only one in his family who rides too.

Both sets of parents wish neither of us rode :shrug

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
My husband and I
My brother
My sister used to (in the 70s)
My other brother has a bike but never rides it. :shake

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Just one set of Aunts & Uncles ride. Between the two of them, they have three Harleys and have road to Sturgis every year for the past decade or so.

I'm hoping to make a dash up to Michigan sometime this summer to see them. It'll be the first time in years, plus it'll be the first time they've seen me on my own bike. :D

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
Me
My daughters
My sister
My brother-in-law
My father used to back in the day.

I'm sure I have extended family that does...

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
Me, Wade, his dad (Harley rider), and his brother, although he hasn't owned a bike in a few years due to the military moving him around so much. He keeps saying if/when he gets back to the states and isn't moving every 6 months, he's going to get another. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully his wife won't fuss too much since she doesn't care for bikes. Maybe I can be some sort of positive influence since I ride. :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
My husband rides, we met at a rally. :D
Father rode a Bianchi in WWII when he was in Italy.
Brother rides. He started riding after I did, because he "always wanted to ride" and couldn't stand the fact that his little sister was riding. :laughing
Niece rides (dirt)
Kids will be riding soon.

·
~~~??~~~~
2,829 Posts
Myself, hubby, son, my brother, his wife (sister-in-law), my mother and her boyfriend, my cousin and an uncle. I think that's it. With the exception of my uncle who lives in Chino, Ca, the rest of us ride together quiet often. We have our own "motorcycle gang" - :clap

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Just me! My uncle had a bike once. My mom asked to ride it, and she crashed into the garage door:laughing No more riding after that!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im the only one that rides in my family :( plus i just moved to south florida and I dont know anybody around that does either, so Im all by my self.

oh and my mom loves me to ride :p

·
Registered
824 Posts
My husband,My two daughters, My son, and My brother,
but also a few that did before just havent in awhile
My dad rode (been a few years, but still does the quad thing)
My father in law rode (also been a few years - he taught hubby)
and My aunt and uncle

·
Crazy Woman Rider
2,285 Posts
Son rides '04 R6 (when it's running). He got his first dirt bike at age 6. His middle name should be "NO FEAR."
Brother-in law rides '03 Kawisaki Vulcan
Nephew rides dirt bikes since he's only 13. Lord help us when he gets his license! :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts