Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

Why did you buy a motorcylce...

• I needed one.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I wanted one.

Votes: 33 76.7%
  • I needed and wanted one.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • I had nothing better to do with my money.

Votes: 4 9.3%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what was your reason for getting a bike. was it out of nessesity, or for pleasue... was it for both? don't just vote, post up why you got your 1st bike in the first place. I'm sure we would all like to know. (well at least I would)

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
Thats easy. I like to ride but i hate to pedal. And everyones reason the chicks dig it :p

·
U.S.A. #1
522 Posts
I love the open air, freedom, power, speed, and the everything else about motorcycling.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Well, lets see...I broke up with my ex right before I got my first bike. Mind you, we were supposed to get bikes togehter (but cruisers, I was against it but...), so it wasn't like I got it because I was lonely. Eventually, it faded out of my mind because of the breakup. A month or two later, some co-workers were looking at bikes and a few of us decided, hell, lets get bikes! So, having moved home and recouperating from the excess $$$ I used to spend on the other half, I had plenty coming in that wasn't going anywhere. Signed up for the MSF, put myself on standby, 3rd time in as a standby I got in, got the bike a week later. Hooked, line, and sinker! $50,000 in bikes and parts later, I'm STILL at it!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Yeah, Abe.. you forgot the " I broke up with my ex " choice. :laughing

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BigPapaPorsche said:
The only really good reason I have for getting a bike is to be able to post in the posers forum!
this ladies and gentelmen is a post whore, let us all learn from his example... LOL

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
ol808lo said:
Yes, he also forgot the "I thought I could get a tan from it" choice, too! :redflip

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
I'll tell you what...... I bought a bike to ride myself...... I never knew I would meet so many people and and make so many new friends. I have such a great time with you guys...... When I make it out. sniff sniff.
;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ol808lo said:
oh yeah.... I forgot about that reason. LOL

·
Registered
904 Posts
i actually wanted a bike before i wanted a car but the parentals didnt agree...

rbf and i always talked about getting bikes back in college, my ex-fiance' didnt like the idea, when we broke up i bought new car and eventually got into bikes, i am on my 3rd one:D
and my wifey loves to ride shotgun:p

·
You're so big you HAVE to ride a Busa, huh?
320 Posts
Don't remeber why...(that's what happens whenyou get old...)

It was back in '93...(no not 1893) I saw sweet looking racebike and got bit by the bug, I had it BAD. So my wife, at the time g/f, told me i couldn't have one until i rode one first. I had never been on one before. We were going to visit her family in Oregon the next week so they hooked me up with some dirt bike riders.

I got on this guys brand new 400 and crashed it in less than 60 secs (actually drove it into a lake, but i bailed before getting wet). Got up dusted off and could wait to get home to buy a street bike.

Been riding ever since, but i dont crash anywhwer near a well as A does.

·
Forum Leader,
6,102 Posts
Well I have had a bike since I was 5, and I am 38 now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got a bike to ride with brother plus I'm addicted to speeding but it was getting too expensive to modify car so purchase a bike.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just so I could hang with you guys on the World Weird Web. I didn't want to be one of those guys on here that posts 500 messages and day and doesn't have a bike :rolling

Seriously though mainly for fun and I commute everyday on the highway to work so that's cool too. Even if I didn't do that it's nice to have one for road trips on weekends during the summer.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
I've always wanted one since I was like 17, but never had the cash. Eventually a lot of bills were paid off, and then I saved up for one. My first bike was a 98 CBR 600 F3.

Took the MSF course with a buddy and then bought the bike. Family and friends were not too thrilled but I just told them my mind was made up. I'm so happy about my decision, it's one of the best ones I've ever made. I also have to say that most of my good friends from high school and college have moved away and or are busy with their married lives and children. I am glad GSSC came along because I've met really awesome people cause of our sport! Eveyone is mad cool!:cool:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts