Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Moderator,
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ask stupid questions?

All day long I was getting asked if I am riding a bike? I walk into a business wearing all my moto apparel and they ask,"Are you riding a motorcycle? WTF. I finally stopped biting my tongue and began replying that I was mandated by the workers comp board to wear a helmet while driving due to the excessive number of accidents I have had. One woman replied, "I think I have seen you on the road." :laughing

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Probably just want to start a conversation with you.

I saw a Fx officer with boots on in Target when I was in my gear, and I think I asked if he was on his bike--didn't see one in the parking lot and no helmet or heavy jacket. Maybe I commented on how nice an evening it was to ride . . . I can't remember. He was nice, though, maybe humoring me. :D

Maybe I'm just another dumbass . . . .

·
I did WHAT????
2,065 Posts
Stillie said:
Negative, I never passed the bar. :redflip
Yeah, but you bought a gixxer so it all evens out...:nanana

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Yep,
Even us civilians get that crap. I am standing in line at Food Lion last weekend. 3/4 length riding jacket, leather riding pants, riding boots holding my helmet in one hand and the cashier asks me "Are you riding a bike or something?"
Rarely am I speechless..........this was one of those times.
Even the lady behind me was looking at this girl like "WTF".

·
Moderator,
11,236 Posts
HooliKen said:
Yep,
Even us civilians get that crap. I am standing in line at Food Lion last weekend. 3/4 length riding jacket, leather riding pants, riding boots holding my helmet in one hand and the cashier asks me "Are you riding a bike or something?"
Rarely am I speechless..........this was one of those times.
Even the lady behind me was looking at this girl like "WTF".
Should have told her NO, I'm a power ranger! (extra points if you can convince her you believe yourself) :laughing

·
Moderator,
11,006 Posts
jbeemw said:
Maybe I'm just another dumbass . . . .
No, difference being that Todd was in full gear. You said the officer you saw was wearing the boots. I know a few motor officers who just like to wear the sexy uniform... they don't actually care about riding the bike. It's all about the brag factor for them. :rolleyes

·
Moderator,
11,006 Posts
Scot said:
my favorite pulling in each morning from the SAME FUCKING people.. aren't you cold?
+1 :rolleyes I hate that....

I actually got fed up one day and just said "No, I drive a lifted Jeep and I wear it in case I roll over... you know how those Jeeps can be."

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Sxy Rdr said:
+1 :rolleyes I hate that....

I actually got fed up one day and just said "No, I drive a lifted Jeep and I wear it in case I roll over... you know how those Jeeps can be."
:laughing

·
Asphalt Surfer
2,470 Posts
GoGo Gadget said:
ask stupid questions?

All day long I was getting asked if I am riding a bike? I walk into a business wearing all my moto apparel and they ask,"Are you riding a motorcycle? WTF. I finally stopped biting my tongue and began replying that I was mandated by the workers comp board to wear a helmet while driving due to the excessive number of accidents I have had. One woman replied, "I think I have seen you on the road." :laughing

Here's your sign...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Re: Re: Why do people .....

bmblebee said:
Here's your sign...
:crackup :crackup

That *had* to be coming

1 - 15 of 15 Posts