Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...At red lights when there is no one around for miles?

·
I'm so vain, I probably think this song is about m
14,142 Posts
Nick Name said:
Because.. It's the law. And we're supposed to follow those no matter how pointless or stupid some of them may be.
:thumb

Laws made by the stupid for the stupid....

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
Saw a guy do it this morning.. Stopped look both ways and hauled ass down the road..

People are to damn impatient is the whole reason..

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Krypt Keeper said:
Saw a guy do it this morning.. Stopped look both ways and hauled ass down the road..

People are to damn impatient is the whole reason..
SHouldn't that be an acceptable way to do it though?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Nick Name said:
SHouldn't that be an acceptable way to do it though?
It's my personal belief that there are a large number of people that are fully incapable of looking both ways and determining whether or not someone is coming.

"Oh, I just didn't see him before I made that left hand turn in front of him."

Sound familiar?

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
JEWELZ007 said:
Krypt youre right.. people are WAY too impatient nowadays!!!
What do you expect though? We're like ants. We don't stop. We all work like madmen because we want to have the nicest things we can afford.

I don't know about you. But, that extra 10 minutes just to sit down at the end of the day I get by being impatient is an extra 10 minutes of rest I wouldn't be getting if I didn't care about my time.

·
Registered
341 Posts
in my country you stop at a red light at 12am or at anytime after that... and get ready to get robbed...!!!! :crackup

1, slow down
2, roll
3, look both way.
4, hit gas
5, GO....

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Vendetta said:
It's my personal belief that there are a large number of people that are fully incapable of looking both ways and determining whether or not someone is coming.

"Oh, I just didn't see him before I made that left hand turn in front of him."

Sound familiar?
They seem to do alright with stop signs.

Just for arguments sake, why not allow people to "run" redlights if it is safe to do so. But, if they cause an accident while doing it. Throw the book at them. Hit them with some serious fines and punishments.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
esp69st said:
in my country you stop at a red light at 12am or at anytime after that... and get ready to get robbed...!!!! :crackup

1, slow down
2, roll
3, look both way.
4, hit gas
5, GO....
Here, after a certain time some of the lights become flashing reds. All around the intersection. They act like a stopsign...

·
Registered
21,040 Posts
Nick Name said:
What do you expect though? We're like ants. We don't stop. We all work like madmen because we want to have the nicest things we can afford.

I don't know about you. But, that extra 10 minutes just to sit down at the end of the day I get by being impatient is an extra 10 minutes of rest I wouldn't be getting if I didn't care about my time.
NickName, I dont expect anything less.

·
Registered
962 Posts
[off topic]

if you are turing right at a red light, do you have to stop, or is it a yield?

[/off topic]

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pinniger said:
[off topic]

[/off topic]
You have to stop first, afaik. In MI you can turn left onto a oneway street from a twoway on red.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
pinniger said:
[off topic]

[/off topic]
Complete stop. Look for cars. Proceed.

Unless you're in quebec. Then it's. Stop, look both ways and wait for it to turn green. Well, the legal way anyway. The usual way is to close your eyes and push harder on the accelerator.

·
Banned
11,983 Posts
Nick Name said:
They seem to do alright with stop signs.
Not here they don't. When we had the power outage in metro-Detroit last year people had no fookin clue how to proceed when they came to a 4 way stop at which the lights weren't working. This says to me that at a 4 way stop with just signs, they are equally clueless. :shake

1 - 20 of 24 Posts