Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are the specs of this bike from the manual that came with it: its a 2stroke 49cc/ the model on the manual says MT-AII he is 11 and i got him this for x-mas just to mess around on then grandma and i found all these sites on racing them we live in michigan and thought this would be a better alternative than sitting around in front of the x-box all day . he is really interested in racing these so i was wondering if this would be a good starter bike for him thanks in advance for your time and replys

joe:shake "makes me nonevermind"

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you have a link to the actual bike that would help a lot in our answers. Does it have lights and a starter? or not? If not it is probably a cagillari or daytona (or another China bike) Regardless, they are decient starter bikes because your son can try out the sport with minimal invested. However, they are not very reliable and are made rather cheaply. So as he gets better and shows more interest you should start looking for a used Italian or Czech made bike (GRC, Blata, DM, Polini, ect.) hope that helps... Im sure others more informed that me will chime in. BTW: make sure you check out that link milicron posted. Joining a local racing organization will also help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts