Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's the details. Christopher is a little 12 year old boy that lives ar the end of my road. he was born with a hole in his heart and underwent 4 major surgeries when he was just weeks old. during one of the surgeries he had a disabling stroke . he can walk but he can't run. he can't talk but he can sign language. his right arm is only 10% as his right leg. he loves nascar racing. he has 3 younger brothers that love him dearly and help him all they can. christphers parents are in their late 20's . his father works 2 jobs and his mother is a teacher's aid at the local school . they are active in their church youth groups and his father is working to become a minister. christopher now had a rare blood disorder. they removed his spleen last year but they just can't find out what is wrong. his white blood cell count is so low and his immune system so impared he can no longer go to school . needless to say all this has wrecked havoc on the families finances. I can't watch this young father carrying his son in his arms or the care the rest of the family shows for him without a tear coming into my eye. I just found out this morning that they had to let their car go back when the lease was up. they are using a loaner from her parents. I want and need to do something for them. I want the wera family to help me. I could just make a donation but i can take that same money and buy materials for a new custom suit . I did this for the airfence fund . help me do this for christopher and his family . every single penny of your 5 dollar donation will go to this family. I think enough of you know me to know this is true. I would think just send in your donation along with your name and address and phone number which will go into a general drawing and darethea can pick the recipient of the new suit right after the first of the year and then the details can be worked out then. it just feels like the right thing to do . I would really like to have a least a 1000 people donate and get into the pool. input is appreciated . I plan to do something even if this is a no go. tell me what you think. emails and phone calls are appreciated. I AM BARNACLE BILL my email is [email protected] my phone number is 859 336 7375 moderator if you have a heart you will stick this thread up at the top of the list. thak you all for your time. as always the best to all. barnacle bill and darethea
i had a suit made by him, and it's top notch. it's posted on the WERA website if you want the link , i can get it for ya.

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
unforn. he doesn't take paypal or C/C so a check or M.O. but i'll vouch for him 100%

send it to

barnacle bill
1106 Logan Rd
Springfield, Ky 40069
r/e christopher

www.racingleather.com is his site.

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
****update

A&J Cycle Performance will donate either a set of vortex rear sets & clip ons, "for what ever Bike the winner Chooses" or 15 Gallon of vp race fuel, "again their Choice". The winner will have his choice of either of the two! plus another shop donated a set of dunlop 208's

paypal now accepted.........

[email protected]

·
I ride almost every day!
1,159 Posts
Done!!!!!! :D

I have a 12 year old son and it breaks my heart to hear what Christopher is going through! I can't imagine what his parents are going through either!! As a parent I would probably fall apart!! I hope he gets better!

Hang in there Chris!!!!! :D

·
Pastarockets FTMFW
351 Posts
Will send PayPal as soon as the funds transfer goes through. :)

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$475 raised on a few hours already.....

Ron Ayers is now throwing in a set of street tires, winners choice. as long as they carry the brand.

good job guy's........:thumb

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the pot is nearing $1000 now.

a pic of christopher and his dad. courtesy of BB

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
up to $1600 in 1 day

and more prizes

orgsxrracer said:
I have been a long supporter of Bill and his incredible suites have saved me many trips to the hospital.

I think this is a great thing he is doing and would like to help out.

I am donating a 10x10 of RaceDeck FreeFlow pit flooring on behalf of my business, Ultimate Floor Systems, to be given away or auctioned off. You can upgrade to the RaceDeck Diamond Tile (for garage floors) and pay the difference if you want the solid tiles for your garage vs the free flow for track day use. This is the same flooring used by many AMA teams, including American Honda, Hotbodies, Hooters, Cosco Buell HD etc. Retail value is $295.

More information can be found on my website
www.UltimateFloorSystems.com

Thanks, Happy Holidays and GodBless!

Justin Watkins
Ultimate Floor Systems
&
FNB Racing

·
Registered
8 Posts
I posted this over on CBRworld.net, but no one seems to care over there :( and they even moved me to the Off Topic section...oh well at least I tried!

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well good for you.

over $3000 raised now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nearing $4,000.00 :clap I am telling every motorcyclist I know! My boyfriend is getting his company, Ferodo Brakes, involved too!

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$8000 in paypal, over $1100+ in checks.........

ho ho ho

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Squidward and I have both donated separately (although via the same paypal account) :D

Kim

·
Pastarockets FTMFW
351 Posts
What's the running total, anyone know?

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
over $16k in total plus alot of toy's for the kids......:thumb

1 - 20 of 21 Posts