Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I can't believe I missed the op to post first in this section!! Oh well I'll be the first to post a pic. Bow down to the new pipes

:twofinger (oh how I've missed that)

·
Registered
454 Posts
I knew I would find Hondasarge in here. I like those pipes man. My naked ride is my (new to me) 88' Hawk Gt.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Random,
The stock bolts started to rust so I took it off until I can find something else to use that wont rust. Sadly, alan headed bolts rarely come in stainless steal at Lowe's so I'm searching.

StrickSVS,
Keep the Hawk praises to a minimun, I'm still not quite over selling mine. :(

·
Registered
454 Posts
The Lowes near me always has Stainless allen bolts, I use them on the SV. Once I get the Hawk looking respectable I will post some pics. I have seen the pics of yours it looked real nice. Atleast owning the 919 should ease the pain.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Does my TLS count? :laughing

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
As if the TLS would belong anywhere else. :thumb

I spent some time on one when they first came out and if I hadn't been a poor college boy, I'd have gotten one,

·
currently enjoying Mansun
3,148 Posts
Nice pipes!

Only thing I don't know about is the aluminum bit where the canister meets the pipe.

MotorcycleDaily had similar black pipes on their 919, and also removed the grab bar.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Only thing I don't know about is the aluminum bit where the canister meets the pipe.
Yeah, I know, if I can't find a Carbon Fiber replacement for them, I'll probaby just paint them flat black like the rest of the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts