Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What types of mods top your wish list?

Most of my wish list was already done when I bought my bike (springs and reworked shock, braided lines for everything, tires, carbon do-dads here and there...)

My *list* is still pretty long though...

I eventually want a race type fairing so I don't have mess with the multiple screws and fasteners that hold my fairing together.

Double bubble type screen. The one I have is fine... but you know how it is.

A carbon fiber hugger for the rear tire. Black plastic just ain't gettin' the job done! :laughing

Paint! After the new fairing, some type of GP based paint scheme. Some may call it *squidly*, but I'm after the ultimate GP replica!
(Right now, the Nieto Repsol/Telefonica and Melandri Spiderman are my top 2 choices)

Color matched bolt kit for EVERYTHING! If it's a bolt, screw, do-dad or fastener of any type, I want it to match!

Last but not least - the checking account that will allow me to make all of my mods! :laughing :laughing :laughing

Post up folks. We'll get this board back with such a following folks will be going out and buying 250's just so they can get in the club! ;)

·
In need of a white jacket and Prozac
852 Posts
Hey - do you have pictures of your bike - My Litlle gorl is totally stock, and needs some love....

:p

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a few, but they are from the previous owner. I don't have a digi cam (living in the '80s and happy to be there... :laughing ).

I'll have to dig them up and resize them, 'cause they are fookin' HUGE! Either PM me a email, or when I get time I'll post 'em here.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mods...mods...mods....

I've already done a few on my bike already. I'm torn with some things like the fender elimination...I reallly like the stock look with that. Here are a couple though.

1. Colored Bar ends to match my bike.
2. An extra seat made for comfort long-distance riding.
3. DRLs
4. Clear signals or flushmounts (haven't decided)
5. Different tires (using stock now)

Here's a link to what my bike looks like now.

MY 250 PICS

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Only mods made to my bike was the fender elimination, Cobra F1's exhaust & removed the side decals. I REALLY want Woodcraft lowered risers & rearsets OH and a 15T sprocket. :draggin I bought some grips (blue & black ones) & LED's to replace the front turn signals a while back, just haven't put them on yet. :shrug My Ninja 250 is Kawi Green & I was trying to get that whole green/blue/silver look but now I'm thinking about just green/silver. Other than that I'm happy ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Chinygyal said:
Only mods made to my bike was the fender elimination, Cobra F1's exhaust & removed the side decals. I REALLY want Woodcraft lowered risers & rearsets OH and a 15T sprocket. :draggin I bought some grips (blue & black ones) & LED's to replace the front turn signals a while back, just haven't put them on yet. :shrug My Ninja 250 is Kawi Green & I was trying to get that whole green/blue/silver look but now I'm thinking about just green/silver. Other than that I'm happy ;)
Where'd you get the LEDs from?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I got them locally from a place called Compeition Cycles here in Davie, FL. They're really tiny & I'm probably going to end up fabricating a base plate to get it to fit

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
A few things done so far:

Bridgestone BattleAx tires (makes a HUGE difference)
Ride height adjuster
Vortex Clip ons
Dirt bike grips/bar ends
Foam replaced in seat

Would like:
LED's
Get rid of the ugly tail end
Sigma comp.,

Planning on polishing the wheels over the winter....
thats about it for now

Ginny

ps Oh and Becky's exhaust!:redflip

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
k9zgirl, just wondering how tall you are :confused I also have a ride height adjuster on my bike and I'm 5'0". How do you like the Vortex clip ons? I'm thinking about either those or the Woodcraft lowered risers

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Chinygyal said:
k9zgirl, just wondering how tall you are :confused I also have a ride height adjuster on my bike and I'm 5'0". How do you like the Vortex clip ons? I'm thinking about either those or the Woodcraft lowered risers
I am 5' 2 3/4" with a short inseam. Both of our bikes have the same seat height (29.3)
I love the clip ons, prefer vortex to woodcraft looks wise. I believe they are around the same cost, $300.00 Cdn so about $150 US. They feel great and look nice. I just got a dig camera for xmas..I'll take some pics when I figure out how to use the camera:rolleyes :laughing

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Sweet! Looking forward to those pics. If you don't mind get some close up shots of the clip ons, thanks

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hmmmm, I got lots, most already started/done.

1. strip off red decals (done)
2. Paint new front fender black to go to black/white color scheme (done)
3. Instal Acerbis Diamond headlight (done)
4. mount short stalk carbond fiber signals to radiator (done)
5. install EX500 shock (done but needs to be extended more)
6. Repaint exhaust (maybe this summer)
7. put on bar end mirrors (have mirrors, instalation in Feb.)
8. Strip paint on rims (started but not complete)
9. ZX-2R and kanji decals (Feb. too probly)
10. rig up speedo (attempted Sigma but not having luck so I`m goin to try to get the stock speedo out of the insterment panel and mount it)
11. find a place to rig up my strobes lights again.

In case its not evident I`m making a streetfighter, I`ll probly post pics in Feb. of my progress, it does look nice so far though.:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
my wish would be 2 come across some fairings 4 a 98 ninja ex250 i just just got it and the fairing is broken 2 much 2 fix so if anyone knows anyone selling some hit me up

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
brando987 said:
my wish would be 2 come across some fairings 4 a 98 ninja ex250 i just just got it and the fairing is broken 2 much 2 fix so if anyone knows anyone selling some hit me up
What color? Check Ebay, I saw alotta fairings for sale on there

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Hey Candyman,

You got any pics of that Acerbis headlight? I'd love to see that!

·
Registered
189 Posts
k9zgirl said:
A few things done so far:

Bridgestone BattleAx tires (makes a HUGE difference)
Ride height adjuster
Vortex Clip ons
Foam replaced in seat

Where did you get the Ride height adjuster? How about any of the other items listed above?

·
Registered
177 Posts
My bike is an '88 I bought used last summer with only 4000 miles on it. It had been sitting in some guy's garage for 5 or 6 years. Over the last summer it received:

-New hoses, O-rings, bolts, battery, fluids, and filters
-Removed passenger pegs, altered rider pegs to fold up and stay when needed-easier for me to walk the bike.
-Polished and painted wheels
-New Avon SuperVenoms
-Filled/fixed fairings and fresh paint
-Polished custom bar ends
-Zero Gravity windscreen
-Integrated rear lights w/ fender elimination, xenon headlight, clear flushmounts
-Ninja 500 rear shock
-Woodcraft clipons (required lowering the front end just a hair)
-Full Muzzy Exhaust, Dynojet stage one
-tank bra (not on in this picture)

Yes, I could have bought a new one for that....but I would have still wanted to do all of the mods, and would not have had the money to do them if I'd bought new. I'll also keep this bike until the wheels fall off, even if I upgrade :D

Kimie

Attachments

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Baby_grl I have to say I TRULY admire your bike and the work that was done to it. I have an 02 green Ninja 250 that I'm going to be painting all black like yours. Yours mods are exactly what I want to do to my bike to a "T". My next project is to polish the rims. BTW, I'm Sharisse from the Ninja 250 board ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts