Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

wonderfully bad luck, tire plug anyone?

815 views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  Hawker 
#1 ·
well, after putting a whopping 15 miles on my brand new diablo corsas....i have managed to pick up an industrial staple in my rear tire. thing it totaly flat, i can't even pick up a reading on my tire presure gauge b/c there's not enough air in it.

anywho, if anyone has a tire plug that they're willing to surrender to me i would be forever in you debt. i can't stomach paying for another rear tire seeing as how this one still has only 15 miles on it.

somone please shoot me with my rotten fucking luck. :mad

#2 ·
Gixxer Vixxen said:
well, after putting a whopping 15 miles on my brand new diablo corsas....i have managed to pick up an industrial staple in my rear tire. thing it totaly flat, i can't even pick up a reading on my tire presure gauge b/c there's not enough air in it.

anywho, if anyone has a tire plug that they're willing to surrender to me i would be forever in you debt. i can't stomach paying for another rear tire seeing as how this one still has only 15 miles on it.

somone please shoot me with my rotten fucking luck. :mad
Thad has some. :redflip
Wal Mart has a plug kit that's like 3 bucks...

#7 ·
The Acclude said:
no warranty I take it? :eek:
+1, should of bought it from cycle gear and got the warranty. I learned my lesson because the same thing happened to me too. Less than 30% of the tire wear gets you a brand new tire for free and any wear after 30% the tire is prorated.

#12 ·
so auto zone, eh?? i'll check that out tomorrow. :) thanks for the recomendation. :)

i am however, going to go to af1 and see what kind of deal they can cut me, cus this is boolshit. :( fucking bad luck....maybe i can give them a stealar burn out in a bikini...you think that's worth a free tire?? :-D heheh

#13 ·
i would be willing to put forth $1 towards your new tire if you did it in the Aprilia Racing thong i have hanging on my wall :redflip ..however you do realize i would take pics and it would soon become my avitar both here and on the Aprilia Forum;)

#14 ·
Hey, sorry to hear about the rotten luck! No, we won't shoot you - You're way too entertianing alive, bad luck or otherwise.

Anyway, you said you picked up an industrial staple? Did the staple make two punctures? If there are two holes close enough together then the tire is probably junk. Sorry, but trying to plug two holes that close could only be trouble. You might have better luck with a patch. If it is just one puncture, I have a plug kit and if you need use of it then PM me.

// Pete

#15 ·
If it is one hole, use a mushroom plug (hehehe). It acts as a plug and a patch, and will preforme better than just a plug or just a patch. Ask Beasly about the high-speed preformance of the walmart plugs.

But you ride like a girl anyway, so either one will be fine :nanana

#16 ·
yeah, it's two holes, so i should patch it? again, does auto zone have these or should i go to a bike shop?

also, my 2nd delema is that i can't take the rear tire off. my dog destroyed my rear stand, so i have no way of getting the tire off. and the tire is losing air too quickly to fill it and ride somewhere quickly...:(

#17 ·
Gixxer Vixxen said:
yeah, it's two holes, so i should patch it?
Yes! Most definetly. Patch it. Even if there was only one hole, you should never rely on a plug to hold for long. Used to be I ran plugs until the tire wore out. But then I had a rash of plugs coming out, even after being in for a couple of weeks. Luckily I was going slow when they did. Don't need that to happen at any speed. Decided then and there that plugs were a temp fix to get home and then get the tire patched or replaced.

With two holes in it, you might even have trouble getting it patched, or getting a patch to hold. Finding someone to patch it may be trouble also, most bike shops won't. I have a buddy that does mine at a car shop. Use the plug / patch someone else describes in this thread.

HTH,

#18 ·
G-V, it is possible to use two plugs. Since your delimma is getting the tire off of the bike, then that would be an option to get you somewhere that can dismount the tyre and patch it for you. Again, assuming of course, that the tyre isn't junk. Two punctures that close together has weakend the tyre wall significantly. Plug it to get somewhere to get a new tire and offer up the old tyre to gods of a smokey burn-out - in a bikini of course! :D (hubba hubba) Post the evant and I'll bet you get more $10.00 offerings than a TV Evangelist needing a new pool. :redflip
I don't have a pit bull and if I did it would be for single sided swing arm - sorry! :( Come on guys, offer up the use of a pit bull for a day to the lady! :) I have a motorcycle jack you can use? Don't think it would work well with your fairings though!

// Pete

#19 ·
yeah, i'm getting desparate enough that i'm gonna see if i can bribe micha to come to my place and patch it for me (cus god knows i wouldn't know what i was doing) or i'm gonna try to figure out how to suspend my bikes ass from my garage door frame using naught but 4 tie downs and a prayer...fucking weather's georgous too. :(

thanks for the offer pete. :)

#21 ·
Gixxer Vixxen said:
yeah, i'm getting desparate enough that i'm gonna see if i can bribe micha to come to my place and patch it for me (cus god knows i wouldn't know what i was doing) or i'm gonna try to figure out how to suspend my bikes ass from my garage door frame using naught but 4 tie downs and a prayer...fucking weather's georgous too. :(

thanks for the offer pete. :)
Call me tomorrow and we can load it up in the truck and haul it up there. 554-7919

(If you're in the bikini of course)

#22 ·
haha, thanks cory. gotcher number but i'm not sure that tomorrow will work. i have prior engaugements that i'm committed to, but if you wouldn't mind, i might be callin ya thurs. i do have a ramp so no need to bring one.

and kenny, while the gix is fully capable of having spools...my lazy ass has not put them on (i haven't had a need for them until now...) but thank you :)

#24 ·
Gixxer Vixxen said:
and kenny, while the gix is fully capable of having spools...my lazy ass has not put them on (i haven't had a need for them until now...) but thank you :)
Go get two bolts of the appropriate size/thread pattern, and about 2" long. Instant spools.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.