Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

Would you rent out your house if the SB was in town?

• Hell yea!

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Other (see my post)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you rent out your house for the superbowl? Here's a link for one on ebay now... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2773237310&category=37752

I'm thinkin' about it. We have plenty of friends we could stay with, so it's no biggie. It's not like we have any thing anyone could/or would want to steal, esp people that can drop this kind of money...

3 br, 3 1/2 bath...

SO, would you do it?

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
idk, seems a little risky to me...

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we would require money transferred into our bank account and a big deposit put down... seriously can't cause too much damage to our house... Ed's parents rented it out before Ed moved in, we can only afford to do little by little to it, so yea, there are things that need work. ;)

The thing we'd worry about most is the Sony XBR, but like I said, if someone can drop that much coin you'd think that either the deposit would cover the stuff or they wouldn't do anything to stuff...

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
sure. i'd do it. if you have to spend a little to get it cleaned-up/fixed afterwards you'd still probably have enough to pay a few months of mortgage. when i redo my house in los angeles i'm specifically going to build it to be geared towards tv/film production because the rental rates are awesome and i could stay with my brother.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Do you two ever stop thinking of ways to make more money. :nanana

·
Registered
861 Posts
Gee, sixty grand And background checks? No wonder the asshole got 0 bids so far.

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cesj said:
Do you two ever stop thinking of ways to make more money. :nanana
hells no, i'm a damn entrepreneur! (and this was my idea :nanana)

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mpost said:
Gee, sixty grand And background checks? No wonder the asshole got 0 bids so far.
i don't think i'd charge THAT much. maybe like $10g w/ $7g down... for a week... hotels are all booked and what arent' are going for like $7gish

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Don't bother. When the SB came to San Diego last year, every single person had their house/condo/apartment for rent for that weekend. There were like a half dozen signs on every telephone pole. Some people even paid agencies huge-dollar fees (non-refundable) to find someone to rent their place... and nobody could find takers. What it comes down to, really, is that nobody wants your stinkin' house, especially for the exorbitant amounts that people are asking. You've got no maid to make your bed, no room service, you gotta stress because it's someone's HOUSE and if you break something you're gonna be in a heap 'o trouble. Who the heck wants that when you can just get a hotel room somewhere? Which is what people did. When it came to town, I LITERALLY had a beachfront apartment, and there were signs EVERYWHERE on everyone's apartment around me to rent for the super bowl; I don't know of anyone that successfully did that. :shrug

V

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
I am closer than you guys:redflip Cha CHing

·
Registered
861 Posts
There is no way I want strangers living in my house, hell half the time I don't want my wife living here:laughing I would have to move so much stuff out that I don't want them fucking with I would have to rent storage.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
I have heard that they usually trash the houses.

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Vendetta--good to know. We do live on the NW side of houston, Ed works right by the dome and it does take 1/2 an hour... BUT I wasn't planning on charging that crazy much... just crazy enough to make it so only certain people could afford it... I dono, still thinkin' it over tho. Probably won't end up doing it since that's the week before Ed'll be out of town for MSF class.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Keep in mind that the people that can afford it are Rappers and Coke dealers.

·
Registered
10,926 Posts
RE: renting house

If you are seriously considering it... this is how I'd do it...

1. Ed (or male friends/family) would be in the house 24/7 while the house guests were there.

2. Only offer to your friend's friends/family (this included CF).

3. They must pre-pay cash when they arrive.

4. They sign a contract stating they will not conduct illegal acts in your home, do not have drugs in their possession and will not damage your house (but stated better than that!) :laughing

5. I personally would make a "quiet time" (no parties until all hours).

6. Would *try* to find a "family" to rent to, not a bunch of single partiers.

PS: you should let them know you have dogs, some people are allergic.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Re: RE: renting house

MissHell said:
If you are seriously considering it... this is how I'd do it...

1. Ed (or male friends/family) would be in the house 24/7 while the house guests were there.

2. Only offer to your friend's friends/family (this included CF).

3. They must pre-pay cash when they arrive.

4. They sign a contract stating they will not conduct illegal acts in your home, do not have drugs in their possession and will not damage your house (but stated better than that!) :laughing

5. I personally would make a "quiet time" (no parties until all hours).

6. Would *try* to find a "family" to rent to, not a bunch of single partiers.

PS: you should let them know you have dogs, some people are allergic.

Good luck!
Heh-heh... that'll never fly. Heck, people were trying to rent out decent houses for $1,000 for the week with no takers, I doubt they'd want all that to deal with as well. And this was in San Diego in the middle of winter!! You'd think that people would be just dying to come to a beautiful city with great weather in the middle of winter, but no. :shrug

1 - 19 of 19 Posts