Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Moderator,
8,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm down in my basement looking through old boxes that we never unpacked when we moved to our house 7 years ago.

I come across a box that looks like it's filled with empty home brew beer bottles... and I find 6 unopened beers!

I haven't made a batch of beer in roughly 10 years; just before my son was born because my couldn't stand the smell when she was pregnant.

I brought a few bottles upstairs and put them in the fridge. Would YOU drink a bottle of 10 year old home brew??!! :eek

·
I'm so vain, I probably think this song is about m
14,142 Posts
I stump ya...

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,282 Posts
skunky!

maybe if you paid me :)

·
Leghumper Kryptonite
3,127 Posts
People in other parts of the world would kill each other over 10 year old beer. Come to think of it, a lot of nascar fans in this country would do the same.

·
Forum Leader,
6,102 Posts
Hell no. Beer does not get better with age.....:shake

·
14,142 Posts
Do it! You know you wanna see if your man enough. Chill it good and chug her down big fella' :thumb

·
14,142 Posts
See, would booger and I expect you to do anything that was bad for you? I think not :rolleyes

·
Moderator,
8,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As it turns out, the seal on the cap was pretty good. Upon opening, I heard the POP-HISS sound; that's a good thing, right?

It would seem that this is some type of a stout that I brewed. It MIGHT be some of the batch that I poured a bottle of Sam Adams Triple Bock into the wort. It's definitely got a chocolatey - sweet thing going on. It's damned syrupy, and even though I got a good release of carbonation at the opening, it's kind of flat now.

It's not going down too well. Ugh.

·
14,142 Posts
we are his buddies, and we are taking bets. Now take it to the pm's :redflip

·
14,142 Posts
atta boy :clap

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
:dumbass :lmao

·
Moderator,
8,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You had to know I was going to try it. :shrug

I mean, it's like finding a bottle of booze in a pyramid... you GOTTA try it! :laughing

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
Did ya spew? :laughing

·
Moderator,
8,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm Irish Catholic. My liver has been under siege since I was 14. Nope, no spew. Apparently, when I make beer, I make it for the long haul!

:laughing

1 - 20 of 51 Posts