Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No way!

Votes: 18 62.1%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you trade a week of your life yet to come(in the future) to go back and re-live one day in your past, not to change anything , but to just live that day over one more time?

And why?

·
I'm so vain, I probably think this song is about m
14,140 Posts
Yamerhaw said:
Would you trade a week of your life yet to come(in the future) to go back and re-live one day in your past, not to change anything , but to just live that day over one more time?

And why?
yup i would.....

why??? not something i'd tell any of you.... ;)

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Yea, I'd do it. There are some days in my past that I cherish. I would love to go through it again and feel the same emotions, take the same actions, reap the same rewards. But I don't have to waste 7 days to come, I remember those days passed very well.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Nope. There have been some great times in the past, but the memories are enough for me. Besides, the memories are ALWAYS better than the reality was ;)

There's always something good coming in the future. Why risk losing a week of that, for a day that's already been?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I would... That day was 5 years ago very close to the day... My Wife (Now X-Wife) came home for holiday break in her training for the Army. She had been gone for about 2 months and every day sucked more than the last. Being seperated for that was by far the worst thing I had ever been through, including the divorce further down the road.

What made that day special was that unlike other days, her actions matched her words. She undoubtedly, most certainly wanted nothing more than to just be with me. She wanted to be near me, hold me, just be close... no agenda, no tasks, no distractions -- Just the 2 of us!

To trade would be worth it, after all... what's a week compared to eternity? But even if we only had 100 years in the "afterlife" I'd still trade that one day...

EDIT: After re-reading the orig post... I have to add something here. This is to trade a week of the life I live now, No way would I trade a day for a week... that's living in the past and saying that what I lived in the past is better than I'll have in the future. I would not trade a week of possibly being with the greatest love of my live for a day with an old-flame. --- Now to trade one week of eternity for 1 day, sure... that'd be like Bill Gates paying $10 for a happy meal - Sure the price is higher, but he'll never miss it!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I wouldn't because the week you give up could be the best days in your life and you'd never know it

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Some people live in the "Here & Now". Other people live their lives in the "There & Then". I live my life in the "Here & There, Now & Then" :laughing

·
Beati pacifici
3,067 Posts
Which week would I be giving up?

The day when my first son is born? The day he takes his first steps? My 40th Wedding Anniversary? The day I secure tenure?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.