Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
sumthin sounds crunchy
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just signed up, and I think I spammed every one I know??

which is all of you fuckers..

so.. what's the deal?

I can send e-mail to cell phones? or some shit?

Will I get text messages on the web?

Help a brutha out.

:confused

·
never regret.
1,679 Posts
yeah i got one from fel as well as a henry.. weird..

they got deleted.. sorry

·
BE SAFE AND RIDE SMART
5,602 Posts
I got invites from Henry, Fel and Richard and I am not going to touch any of them. Looks fishy to me...

·
sumthin sounds crunchy
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NO, I signed up on purpose..

It seems like I can send SMS e-mails from a web interface..

I have HipHopNico, richard palmer, and bbaxter in my friends list..

and it's connected to my cell phone.. but I don't understand how to use it just yet..

I know SMS is the messaging format for phones.. but I'm not sure what I can do with this new account..

it's also apparently connected to my hotmail, and ALL My contacts..

so, merry xmas everyone.. your invited..

;)

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
+1
I got about 4 or 5 different email invitations from friends who aren't on this forum. I haven't had a chance to ask them what it was yet and won't sign up until i find out what the heck it is.

If it allows you to send emails to phones, do you get charged $.10 for every one that you receive cause that could end up sucking at the end of the month. :D

·
sumthin sounds crunchy
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, there is a premium account, and a free account..

the premium account will charge you for their content (ie sports scores, etc) the free account lets you send/recieve SMS formatted e-mails?

·
BE SAFE AND RIDE SMART
5,602 Posts
I hate cheese......:nanana

·
BE SAFE AND RIDE SMART
5,602 Posts
Let me know how the cheese is guys....

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yeah, i've gotten about 5 of these lil invites, 2 from fel and henry today. I've been using a program called Chikka for about the last year, its a free web based text messager that can text the Philippines, Thailand and the U.S for free and is a fraction of the price for them to reply to you. Works pretty good.

·
never regret.
1,679 Posts
yeah i use that chikka thing to talk to my relatives in the Philippines..

I think i'll wait out that sms thingy...

·
Twat did you say?
7,468 Posts
I woke up this morning to find I had 29 new e-mails. 19 of them were from people on the boards with that gay SMS thing

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Ive been using sms messaging for over a year, nothing wrong with it. Theres multiple ways to send sms from phones or computers. Even the phone providers have a page that allows you to send a sms message to their phones. Most of the web sms senders only allow send, but now they are getting ones thatll sms to an email address which can be linked through a sms provider.
And the phone virus`s arent anything new, they are just bringing it up again. Smart phones run small operating systems. If you run something like palm os its open such as a laptop or any other computer. My phone accepts cookies and has a cache for the browser, so it could be open for browser related virus`s written for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.