Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bee Killa
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm 5 blocks from my house. I stop at a 4 way stop, pull through, get a block up the street (going maybe 20mph) I look to my right, a lady waiting to cross makes eye contact with me, and then pulls out 10' in front of me. :rant

I hit both breaks and managed to t-bone her just hard enough to crack my front fender.

Normal "I'm so sorry I didn't see you..." shit follows, and I have to write down all her info with shaking hands.

And the worst part, why can I say that it's the normal shit? What's with my luck lately? :shake

I'd say I should give the bike a rest for a while, but I'm likely to just get run over by a bus.

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Damn Mark...sorry to hear that. Glad to see that you're relatively ok.

Here's to better luck in 2005. You may want to stay indoors till than.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Uh, aren't street lights designed to do the opposite? :confused

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. A new year is right around the corner.

-Kate

·
James "finger tight" Rachner
7,216 Posts
well weather she admits it or not she's at fault...

Sounds like she (her insurance co) just bought you a new front fender and maybe a new paintjob :D

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
it's easy to not see bikes even when they look straight at ya, or so i heard in msf. sorry to heard about ur accident and glad you're ok! ahem, any scratches on the fairings? did the bike fall over after getting T-boned? ;)

·
Bee Killa
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really don't think a 5mph impact would bend the forks. I'm just going to get a quote for the fender + labor and skip the $75 "inspection" fee.

·
Bee Killa
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WA//M said:
it's easy to not see bikes even when they look straight at ya, or so i heard in msf. sorry to heard about ur accident and glad you're ok! ahem, any scratches on the fairings? did the bike fall over after getting T-boned? ;)
nah, didn't fall over, but several people stopped to make sure I was ok.

After thinking about it, I'm pretty sure she looked me in the eye, pulled in front of me, noticed, and hit the breaks.... at least it was minor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts