Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to pick one up this weekend and I have a few questions for those that buy one yearly. How much should I expect to pay? I dont' want to get rip off. Can I negotiate the price with the person or not? Don't know anything about Norway Spruce, Blue Spruce, or Douglas Furr so any advice there would be appreciate it. I'll probably borrow a truck from someone so I plan on just throwing it on the bed, that will be fine right? Or should I still tied it down?

thanks in advance.

I just don't like the little artificial tree at the parents house, so a live nice one would be a good surprise.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
You should spend no more than around $35 for a good tree. The only difference amongst the trees is their needles and growing patterns. Some are better for hanging ornaments and whatever. And yes, placing it in the bed of a pickup is fine, they're heavier than they look.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds awesome, I think I'll wait til the 26th then.:laughing j/k

I'll probably go tomorrow then!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Go to Max Is Back on Rt 23 in Butler. $20 for a tree up to about 8ft I think. I used to work there back in HS carrying the trees for people.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys, got one tonight for 35 bucks, 6 foot Douglas Fir :thumb I couldn't get the truck so I had to stuff it in the WRX, there was like 2 feet hanging out the trunk.:laughing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts