Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a yellow bike down in the left lane of the feeder heading south from Parmer onto MOPAC; around 7pm Wed. Not sure what happened but he rider was standing and looking down at his bike when I passed. Several cars and ppl were helping him/her pick the poor bike up.

Hope they're okay. Is it me or is there a sharp increase in bike related crashes recently?? :shake

·
Registered
317 Posts
Parked mine until after the holidays. Too many crazy shoppers that will run you down. Happened once wont let it happen again.:rant

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey Rearviewmirror, that wasn't you was it. Don't think you would be riding when its this cold but just checking since I think that's on your way to work.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
dwarf10 said:
Parked mine until after the holidays. Too many crazy shoppers that will run you down. Happened once wont let it happen again.:rant
+1 On Xmas eve in 1995.

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
mdj1279 said:
Hey Rearviewmirror, that wasn't you was it. Don't think you would be riding when its this cold but just checking since I think that's on your way to work.
Don't think he would be up in that area at that time of day... or riding in this temp ;) But, check on him...

Personally, I don't think there are necessarily more accidents or bikes down... but rather more members here. With all of us scattered around Austin... and the rest of Texas and posting up every bike that tips over... we simply didn't have the information before.

Just my opinion...

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Chris S said:
I don't know if that's a factor...more importantly, it decreases your traction.
and your "manhood"....:crackup
also known as turtle syndrone.:crackup

·
I ride almost every day!
1,159 Posts
Reminds me of George Constanza!!

:crackup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts