Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious where some of you stand on this..I was recently placed in a similar situation to what's described below...

lets say you have a friend..not a good friend, but a buddy. And let's say he steals.. car stereos. You're a good person, YOU personally wouldn't steal from someone else- but at the same time you dont want to spend money on a new stereo, and its something you'd like to have.

On one hand, you'd be gaining off of someone else's misfortune, which is basically stealing even though you didnt personally take it yourself.

On the other hand, your buddy is giving it to you for free, and if it's not you- someone else is getting it..

ANDDDDDDDDDDD

what if it was something he stole and was using himself, but he offered to let you borrow it.

(please note this is a "for-example" post pertaining to morals therefore if you get good deals on car stereos thats not important )

-matt *6

·
Registered
209 Posts
I wouldn't do it. Think about how pissed you would feel if it were you're stereo. I have been in the same situation, except with larger, more expensive parts of the car (the whole thing) and I just stopped hanging with him.

Sorry to sound like my dad but here you go "You can tell a man who boozes, by the company he chooses."

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
your posting this...
you know the answer to your own question man...
unless your just trying to jack up your post count....

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
Since you are asking about this (maybe similar situation), you have doubt and you know you are in the wrong.

If you can afford a stereo, then just buy it. If your not a thief, yet your so called friend is which you disprove of, maybe you shouldn't be associating with him any longer.

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
101ZX9rdude said:
Since you are asking about this (maybe similar situation), you have doubt and you know you are in the wrong.

If you can afford a stereo, then just buy it. If your not a thief, yet your so called friend is which you disprove of, maybe you shouldn't be associating with him any longer.

good advice, yeah, you should drop this friend...
bottom line, if he gets desperate enough, he'l steal from you.

water seeks its own level....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Possession of stolen property does make you guilty of a crime. I liked the advice of drop the friend, if he gets desperate he'll be stealing from you.

·
Wait'll they get a load a me...
3,456 Posts
if you know its stolen, or you know thats what this guy does, it would not be something I would do. Receiveing stolen property is against the law whether you know its stolen or not. Not a good choice, my friend.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ziadel said:
your posting this...
you know the answer to your own question man...
unless your just trying to jack up your post count....
hey dude no offense, but at 151 posts per day, I dont think you should worry who's going for a post count :shake :laughing

and your right about knowing the answer to this, but if someone posted this same thread a week ago I probably would've responded along with you guys..

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I've had my stereo stolen twice. On July 3rd 2000, the day before I was supposed to leave for CanCun. I had to spend my fun money to replace my window before I left. Lost a CD player, 3 amps, 2 subs in the box and my 6X9's. Total loss was around $2,500. Insurance covered it and I got about $5k put back in. Thought I was smart, I put an alarm on there had the amps put under the seats, used bolts and nuts tighetened down, bought a CD player that doesn't work when the power gets cut (Eclipse)

July 2nd 2002, almost 2 years to the date I lost my second stereo along with a bunch of other stuff. Total loss including vandalism was about $6,500. This time I used the money to pay off my car and get a new bike!!

So, fuck theives, and the people that support them!
:mad:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'm with the others. You know the answers. In my eyes, buying stuff you know is stolen is no better than stealing it yourslef.

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
If you know this stuff is stolen, its not cool.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I'm glad to see this bunch giving you good advice.

Stealing is not cool, I've had my stereo stolen out of my car before, and it made me raging mad that someone busted up my window and messed up my dash and stole my stereo that I put blood sweat and tears into earning the money for (I was 16 and in high school at the time).

I'd never accept stolen property or have anything to do with stolen property, simply because I believe what goes around comes around, and I would never want to be on the recieving end of that again.

Avoid that friend man... people like that just aren't good company.

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Zero Descendo said:
hey dude no offense, but at 151 posts per day, I dont think you should worry who's going for a post count :shake :laughing

and your right about knowing the answer to this, but if someone posted this same thread a week ago I probably would've responded along with you guys..
yeah man, here it is. I'll break it down for you...

You have a conscience...
People have religion, and laws...
you don't needs gods laws or mans...
you have a conscience...
just follow it, it won't steer you wrong :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
It's not worth the potential trouble which comes along with it.

What goes around eventually in some way comes around.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
"There's nothing stupider than a stupid person"

Didn't I see that somewhere?

·
Dark Lord
2,071 Posts
Definately not cool dude, and like everyone said, possesion of stolen property can get you charged. Since you KNOW the guy too, you can also be charged with 'accessory to the fact', which will get you the SAME sentance and jail time as your buddy...

Mark

PS. I've had my Apt. burglerized, and lost every piece of electronic gizmo I had, except the 32" TV, since it takes 2 people to carry down a set of stairs.

·
my dirt bike has slicks
7,323 Posts
Stealing is wrong and posession of stolen property is a crime.

FYI, by not turning this guy in you yourself are guilty of a crime right now.

Personally I would beat the shit out of anyone that tried to steal or damage anything of mine, or any accessories to that crime, just on the principle.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts