Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
I went to bed at 8 and got home at 11
17,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we're a month and a half into 2006, plenty of time to start thinking about riding goals; things you wanna conquer, places you wanna ride to.

So, what are your riding plans for 2006?

Me? I wanna ride down to my folks shop. I know that sounds lame, but for me it's a big deal. It's roughly a 2 hour ride each way and that would be my longest ride. I really wanna do it so I can conquer my "fear" (for the lack of a better word) of LA traffic. I'm thinknig I might go down the hill in the opposite direction first and visit the "lovely" town of Bakersfield. That'll psych me up for the LA ride.

If I had a truck and trailer, I'd LOVE to pack up the bike and drive to some CA's homes and go riding with them.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Riding for this year...

Not get run off the road again
lmao

As you all know some bad stuff happened.. I don't think I am over Maddy.. I wonder if I ever will be. I have changed as a rider.. not the same old Lizzy tearing up the mountains..

Chris, Michelle and I have been on a few little rides up the mountain in the last 2 weeks. Michelle's partner David even went up with me during the week last week :)

Slowly I am getting back into it.. Feeling my way around the tight corners :) The nice cool breese in my face.. I know I am meant to ride.

So I guess my goal for riding this year is take each day as it comes... Cheerish the time I spent riding and with those I care and love so much.. Chris and Michelle are my partners in crime :) Keep them close and let teh good times roll :)

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
I don't know if you'd call them goals, but I'd like to ride to Texas a couple or three times this summer. :) We went once last year on Memorial Day. We rode to Tyler, which is about a 3 hour ride. I even rode with a bum knee. :eek I learned how to balance the bike with one leg that day. I didn't start the day out with a bad knee, but about half way into it, it started hurting and I'm too stubborn to turn back. :laughing

We're going to ride at the Gap this year (keeping fingers crossed everything goes according to plan). Just riding it, even slow, will mean something to me.

As far as the bike itself, I'm looking into putting risers or new handlebars on her. I'm a bit overstretched. I'm also going to get (soon) some gel grips and probably some heavier bar ends. I'm raising her up to stock height in a couple of more weeks (waiting to do the oil change and raise her then). That's a big step for me. :) Next year I'll work on her suspension. This year is more about being more comfortable and really knowing her before I make big changes to her. Last year was a good introduction. :thumb

·
Registered
117 Posts
Get rid of my chicken strips!

Seriously though, only put on 1200 miles last year, want to double that if not more this year. With the new bike, planning on making more Saturday coffee runs that are 1hr plus.

·
her
3,166 Posts
As much as I would like to say, put more miles on this year.....I think my goal is to actually do a bit less and pay attention to my family and home a bit more. Seems last year I was off at the track more than I was home. (I am a single mom with 3 kids, and our NE season is not as long as most of yours...and I did close to 20k miles this year)

I do want to make a few long trips however.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
My goals are to take the ERC, improve my skills and increase my comfort factor on the bike.

We also plan to take a week and ride out to Americade then up through VT, NH and ME. I think that trip will do alot for my confidence. :)

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Put some street miles on

A couple track days

Regain my confidence since my crash... damn mental blockage... grumble...

And, I'm hoping to try dirt or a dual sport!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I am contemplating getting back on a bike.....still thinking about it.. I have never been one to give something up just because I fell off.. but this is a little different....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ride to the AMA women's conference in Georgia in June/July and on Road Atlanta.

Help put put on the Women's Riding School at the track in New Hampshire.

Ride faster and more smoothly on the track at the WRS.

Find more time to ride!

Find a dirt bike for my 6-year-old and one for me, too!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Go to Deal's gap!!!! :wheelie

I also wanna get a dirt bike and learn how to ride better. Only been out <10 times, suck at it. :shake I'd like to do an enduro with my husband. He is already kicking ass this season, brought home a 2nd place trophy a couple weeks ago. Can't let him get all the glory!!! :laughing

·
Registered
247 Posts
My goal is to move finally in the summer so I can decide which bike to buy, whether dirt or street or scooter even?? It depends where I'll live. In the meantime, the goal is to take a class and get my license started.... I will wait until my job comes through so I know amount of money to spend on bike!!!! :crackup or If I'm going for Phd :rolleyes

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
How about just getting on my damn bikes and actually ride for once! Last year I barely rode at all.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Ride as much as my schedule will allow. If I'm not out of town, I'll be on my bike in SE Ohio or a track day. Try to hit a couple new tracks, burn through a couple sets of knee pucks...you know...the usual. :D I want to get a supermoto but that'll be dictated by my fundage (or lack thereof :rolleyes). Someday I'll try racing, but not this year...too poor. :(

·
Obey The Pug
7,899 Posts
diamond said:
Put some street miles on

A couple track days

And, I'm hoping to try dirt or a dual sport!
+1

maybe take the ERC also.

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
Well I'm hoping to have my very first brand spanking new bike. :D If that doesn't work out I will have a slightly used version of that bike.

Other than that I want to ride to Tennessee. But it kind of depends on where I'm living. Damn red tape in Florida is really holding things up.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts