Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just PM'd Rezin asking him to remove my mod status. I've honestly done what I thought was in the best interest of the majority and never done anything to anyone because of a personal gripe. There's any number of people on here that I don't necessarily like, but I don't moderate them any differently than anyone else. I understand that some people think I'm not political enough in the way I say things or I appear to come down harshly on others with no apparent reason. Yes, I'm abrupt. Yes, I probably take moderating too seriously. Everything I did as a moderator I did because I thought it was best, knowing that not everyone would agree. I'm hoping that this last act might show people that regardless of what they think my intentions are, I've always acted as I did because I was trying to help everyone. Rude as I may be, people that know me well know that I'm actually a sensitive, caring person and that the person you see on the surface is more of a front than anything. My friends all know that when needed, I've always got their back, no questions asked. I just don't put up with bullshit from anyone.

I was asked to be a mod and I did it as a favor. I didn't get anything in return and I don't get off on exercising power over people. If my help isn't wanted, then I see no reason to give it.

To those of you that have supported me, I definitely appreciate it. Those of you that think I was a shitty mod, don't worry about me holding any grudges. I saw it as a job and my professional and personal lives are separate.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Hope you can sit back and enjoy yourself now :p

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Thanks for all your hard work Derek. Despite the ungrateful people that have their panties in a knot...I think you did a fine job of being moderator. You a good guy on and off the boards. :thumb

Nico

·
Deer in headlights
10,608 Posts
:( :(
I not sure I like this news, cause I know your a great guy and have invested alot of heart into this job that was asked of you.

Well, whatever happens, thanks Derek, for all your time, commitment, and effort you have put into this. I really really hate all this negative bull shit latley, especially this time of year.

All 3 of ya do a great job, and just give ya a :clap :clap :clap

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I think it's messed up but if I were in your shoes, I'd wash my hands of this crap too. I think you did a good job and I never had a problem with the decisions you made. Thanks for trying.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Sorry to loose yea as a Mod, To the 3 of you mods.....your are doing / have done a great job !

dont let some of the these asshats get yea down!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Boz said:
I think it's messed up but if I were in your shoes, I'd wash my hands of this crap too. I think you did a good job and I never had a problem with the decisions you made. Thanks for trying.
+1 Sorry to see you go.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Sorry to hear this Jiggy....You are an ass, but that's why some of us LIKE you. :nanana :redflip

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
Derek I understand where you are coming from. I respect you are your decisions and I have received a number of pms and instant messages saying they think we are doing a great job despite the loudly spoken few that have issues.

I also wanted to thank the number of people that have been returning due to the recent changes that have caused the place to go into this drama fest. I am referring to people that quit long ago because of how off topic the place got.

Things are going back to the way they were slowly but surely.

Glad someone else got to see what mods go through though.. :) Remember I did this solo for 2 years :laughing And we have grown quite a bit.. musta been doing something right ;)

·
squirrelly fucker
4,008 Posts
i think you're a complete asshole and can't wait for the "no more Derek as a moderator" party next week..... :nanana

sorry... had to do it..... but seriously.... sorry to hear this. I actually think it would be good for everyone to try and be a mod for a week/month, just so that they can deal with everything you guys have dealt with for a little while..... maybe then everyone would stop complaining. I personally am getting tired of all the "mod" drama BS. :rolleyes

·
Registered
566 Posts
Exactly why I really dont feel like posting in here much at all, despite the mods best efforts, human nature can't be moderated. Keep on keepin on, I thin on the whole most of the people here a cool enough. There are always the few who choose to make it rough for everyone.

·
This little piggy went to market...
2,684 Posts
Derek:

I have always respected you and wish that things could have been different.

But at least it's one less headache to deal with.

Best of luck!

Now, GO AWAY!!! :redflip

·
Registered
15,218 Posts
Boz said:
Well said. Thanks for what you've done.

·
sumthin sounds crunchy
3,646 Posts
Derek, you fucking whiner..

Boo Fucking Hoo..

if you got any feedback, send it to I'[email protected]'dfuckit.com

:redflip

j/k

good job lasting as long as you did.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I sincerely hope this change won't have us seeing less of you around here.

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
This wasn't my wish... :(

FWIW, I thought you were a good mod. Abrupt? Perhaps, but always fair I thought. And that's what really matters. Mods don't have to be Miss Merry Sunshine as long as they do their job well, and I thought you did. My $.02

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
GixxerPete said:

FWIW, I thought you were a good mod. Abrupt? Perhaps, but always fair I thought. And that's what really matters. Mods don't have to be Miss Merry Sunshine as long as they do their job well, and I thought you did. My $.02
My thoughts exactly. +1

·
I'm a Krazy SQUID!
3,972 Posts
GixxerPete said:

+1 I don't have anything against the way you modded. :( I never got in trouble anyway...

·
stupid people suck....
3,464 Posts
this was not my wish either..... stupid people suck.

·
And we will send you to whatever God you wish
3,409 Posts
I had no problems with the way you guys moderated. In fact, I think you guys exercised alot of restraint, because Lord knows I'd be bannin' fools left and right.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts