Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
One Of God's Own Prototypes
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driving record has a decent amount of tickets and one accident over the last 3 years and I'm trying to find the best insurer to provide full coverage. Who would you reccomend?

·
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right now I've got Geico, and I might stick with them, however I've had some really annoying issues with them, so any suggestions would help.

·
Official Thread Killer
5,057 Posts
Try Farmers... I got a HUGE discount when I signed up with them. Multi car, Auto+Home discount, and a couple of others. As long as you are accident free within 39 months you are golden... if you do have an accident, rates won't go up much.

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
you want the best ins. yet you yourself don't have good record........ironic.........:laughing

·
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How is that ironic? Welcome to the world of driving. Not everyone has a flawless record. Around here the interstate speed is 55 and it's not always intentional but I am often going 70 or more. I have to use cruise control to stop myself. To come from Atlanta to this has really changed my hwy driving.

·
Moderator,
11,006 Posts
Akilldema said:
Right now I've got Geico, and I might stick with them, however I've had some really annoying issues with them, so any suggestions would help.
I'm willing to bet you won't have Geico for very long. My dad had a "bad spell" when he first bought his 911. A few speeding tickets within a year and Geico refused to renew his policy. Apparently that's how Geico keeps their rates lower... by cancelling those that might cost them some profit.

Good luck with your search.

We've had USAA forever and have an awesome rate with them.

·
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're probably right. I hate insurance companies being so strict. The thing is, I don't mind paying more, but NC has a roof for insurance rates.

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
Try Met Life

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
Akilldema said:
How is that ironic?
let me spell it out

bad driver (record wise) wants good insurance.........:laughing

in TX there's a "pool" for people who can't get ins. , and yeah alot of co's will drop you if you get alot of meaningless (to you) speeding tickets. and many won't accept you in the first place. state farm being one of them, and they are considered a "good" ins. co.

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
see y'all take the inet way to seriously........just a comment, don't like it be number 101 on the ignore RACER X list..........:crackup

·
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah, you don't annoy me really, I think it's just that your jealous that your VFR can't carry your fat ass above 50mph. I basically want an insurance company that is communicative, I don't think a clean driving record is required for that.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
I find insurance companies to be similar to phone companies.
They are not perfect. If the price is right, the service isn't there.If the service and price is right (USAA), you are not available for everyone.

If communication is the thing you are missing, but you get a good rate, and decent reputation for settling claims, I think you will be hard pressed to find anything better than that.

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
i don't talk w/ ins. co, just pay the bills..........:laughing

ha my last ticket was 52 in a 40, so there proof in tha pudding, it does get me over 50 :flipoff

·
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SpeedDemon said:
I find insurance companies to be similar to phone companies.
They are not perfect. If the price is right, the service isn't there.If the service and price is right (USAA), you are not available for everyone.

If communication is the thing you are missing, but you get a good rate, and decent reputation for settling claims, I think you will be hard pressed to find anything better than that.
Rate is mediocre. When I say communication, I'm referring to policy and rate changes.

·
Soul Man
8,169 Posts
Akilldema said:
Nah, you don't annoy me really, I think it's just that your jealous that your VFR can't carry your fat ass above 50mph.
Fucking priceless! :crackup

JC

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Akilldema said:
Rate is mediocre. When I say communication, I'm referring to policy and rate changes.
I have GIECO as well.
Do you access your policy online?

I had a similar problem with them.
I forgot to pay for my next 6 months. And didn't realize I didn't pay until a letter arrived a week after the policy expired.

Since I bought the insurance online, and they have my email Id, I wish they had just emailed my a reminder a few days ahead of time.

Anyway, I called them and got it taken care of in a few mins. I setup an alert in Quicken for when it is time to renew again. I can live with that.

·
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had that happen with my MC policy. Got a letter from the tag office and ended up having to pay some fees. My rates/coverage have changed without notice as well.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Maybe what you need is an insurance agent. Cannot get more personal service than that.
I had one with State Farm. However they may not accept you with a bad traffic record.

There may be others? I see adds for Eastwood Insurance. Do you have that over there?
If they are new, they may be more aggressive in pursuing new business.

·
my dirt bike has slicks
7,323 Posts
When you have tickets, it's much harder to get a policy written for you at all. It's generally best to stay with whoever you have and then change when you've gotten your record clear. I'm with state farm and they've been the best I've had so far. Geico is famous for dropping people the second they get their first ticket or accident.

I've had excellent service with my bike policy when I was with Progressive and they were somewhat lenient as far as tickets go...but they're no longer the cheapest by a pretty wide shot, at least as far as bikes go.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts