·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get out of Seattle, and get someplace I can ride most of the year :D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Ya ought to look outside your window sometime. It's been gorgeous the past few days.

But I hear ya. The weather and the riding may be better down south, and that's hard to argue with. It's all relative... and most of us are happy with what we get.

We'll miss ya, bro

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Umm... you *can* ride most of the year in Seattle? :confused

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Method said:
Only if you freeze your arse off :D
Well my riding career began in the midwest... where it gets *really* cold. 40s is NOT cold. -40 is cold! There bikes were put away for MONTHS on end and there was ZERO chance to ride.

So I have to chuckle when people whine about the "not riding much" or "it's cold" around here. Sure, it ain't southern California, but it's WAY better than most of the country, IMO.

Plus people that whine about not riding REALLY NEED TO GET DIRT BIKES!!!!!! Late fall/winter/early spring is the time to ride dirt around here!!! Street riding segues nicely into dirt riding in fall, then back to street again in spring.... so riding year round!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
GixxerPete said:
Well my riding career began in the midwest... where it gets *really* cold. 40s is NOT cold. -40 is cold! There bikes were put away for MONTHS on end and there was ZERO chance to ride.

So I have to chuckle when people whine about the "not riding much" or "it's cold" around here. Sure, it ain't southern California, but it's WAY better than most of the country, IMO.

Plus people that whine about not riding REALLY NEED TO GET DIRT BIKES!!!!!! Late fall/winter/early spring is the time to ride dirt around here!!! Street riding segues nicely into dirt riding in fall, then back to street again in spring.... so riding year round!

Couldn't agree more! Ride dirt!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts