Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Im faster then U!
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i was looking into a Kawasaki z1000 and everything looks good. but i wanted to know how they really handle. i have been riding for 3+ years now and really want the zx10 or 12. but the cost on insurance would kill me! so was thinking of the z1000. i hate naked bikes but this one caught my eye hard. the only thing about the looks is them gay looking pipes. but over all it is a very nice bike. need info about this bike before i buy:) thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,512 Posts
Guy I know with one loved it. He drives truck OTR so I cant just get a hold of him for ya. But from seeing it ride, it looks good, stable and easy to ride.

·
Moderator,
8,056 Posts
I've got a friend of mine who has one with dual Akrapovic carbon cans and it makes it look sooooo much nicer . It handles very , very well - I had a great time on it in the mountains in North Georgia - it magically feels much smaller than it really is and can be thrown around tight curves very well . I'd fully recommend one :thumb

·
Im faster then U!
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol ass. i wouldnt mind having a zx9 but insurance cost is what im looking for. also it is a nice looking bike

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
every now and then, my buddy will let me take his Z1000 out for a spin. It handles great. The seating makes it feel as if you're sitting WWWAAAYYY up in the air though. He has a single exhaust on his....save quite a bit of weight I bet.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have one and I like it a lot. I have done a few things to it to suit my tastes, (like a full Micron exhaust which cut about 27 lbs) but I would absolutely recommend the bike. Go to riderforums.com and you can get all sorts of Z information.

·
Registered
18 Posts
falconeight said:
I got it this christmas in their catalog but I can't find it on their website. But if you want I can mail it to you I don't need it.
I sent you a PM with my address. Thanks. That's really kind of you.:clap

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.