Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Forum Leader,
6,102 Posts
I have a '00 Zrx1100...the sexy green one. At work right now...will post a pic. when I get home.

BTW BDsbigZRX Very nice shot there!

·
Forum Leader,
6,102 Posts
Re: Avery

BDsbigZRX said:
you on the ZRX board??? If you own a ZRX, you ought to be!!!!!

zrxoa.org/forums

Bryan
I am but have not been to the board in months! It is a very nice site for "Rex" owners. Mine is going to waste sitting in a corner of the garage since the 954 moved it. After reading this thread I may take her out Sun. instead of the CBR. I really do love that bike.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have to say, my 99 ZREX is at the top of my favorite list of bikes in my garage. Just plain easy to ride, looks good just sitting there. No bodywork to hide what's really important.
Mods: Full Muzzy pipe
ZX11 cams
Polished wheels
Single left hand bar end mirror
Assorted anodized nuts and bolts
AFAM gold superbike bars

·
Forum Leader,
6,102 Posts
Well as mentioned in my earlier post I took the Rex out sunday. First time in over 8 weeks. Man I was scraping pegs in just about every curve! Got used to the 954 clearance and handling I guess. Now I am thinking I REALLY gotta sell this thing before I scrape hard parts enough to low-side.

p.s. It was fun getting back on her for the day!

·
Registered
4 Posts
zrx

too bad your bike smokes like that might be time to freshen up that top end! seriously how do you like the zrx i'm thinking of getting one im really impressd with what i've heard about them
and i like being able to actually see the bike not loads of plastic.
hows the insurance on one. whats top speed? ive heard the get a bit loose above 150.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: zrx

jake said:
too bad your bike smokes like that might be time to freshen up that top end! seriously how do you like the zrx i'm thinking of getting one im really impressd with what i've heard about them
and i like being able to actually see the bike not loads of plastic.
hows the insurance on one. whats top speed? ive heard the get a bit loose above 150.
Thats funny, I like my zrx alot. As far as the top speed goes I could use my gixxer for that. I think I've had It up tp 140MPH and It was pretty steady. Insurance Is not that bad depending on your age, they didn't even rate mine as a sportbike. You'll love the torgue on that thing, just twist the throttle at 3000 rpm's and It will stand straight up. I actually like riding my zrx alot more than my gixxer, more comfortable and alot funner. You won't regret It if you get one.;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
zrx1200

thanks for the info its always to be able to get the impressions of owners of a particular bike before you buy one.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Josh, getting a round headlight mounted on the ZRX shouldn't be a problem at all. I've seen quite a few with that set up. Check around the net and it should be pretty easy to do. www.whaccessories.com has some good stuff as well as www.rizomausa.com , both are a bit on the high side price wise, but they should be a good starting point.

I take it you are looking for something like this??

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I'm deciding about which bike to get next. The Zrex has always been a favorite since it came out.

My only question is about the maintenance and valves. I know they need to be checked every 6000 miles <?>. That's alot of maintenance compared to the 26000 between the FZ1 checks.

Any comments on how expensive maintenance is on these beasts?

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!!
6,201 Posts
I kind of like this one.

While the maintainence interval maybe less I guarantee ya its easier to adjust the valves on the Zrex. They are shim over bucket and have a sliding cam follower that you just push over to the side to get the shim out. Pretty sure the Yammie is shim under bucket so ur gonna have to yank the cams. Plus tons of hot rod parts for the Kawi.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts