Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked on the price for the ZX-6RR with my local Kawi Dealer. They are quoting the MSRP but no additional overhead (freight, assembly, etc) except for Tags, Title, etc.

Anyone else getting a better quote?

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Haven't checked yet. I'll call around today.

·
Moderator,
12,930 Posts
Seeing as the ZX-6RR is probably going to available in a very limited supply, getting one at MSRP without all the extra B.S. sounds good.

I imagine around here the greedy dealers will have them marked up a couple hundred dollars.

·
Registered
860 Posts
reaper21 said:
Checked on the price for the ZX-6RR with my local Kawi Dealer. They are quoting the MSRP but no additional overhead (freight, assembly, etc) except for Tags, Title, etc.

Anyone else getting a better quote?

Thanks
Just curious, but why a 6RR as opposed to the 6R?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: ZX-6RR's

Krik_6R said:
Just curious, but why a 6RR as opposed to the 6R?
1. It is the only '03 Zx-6 series in green.
2. Limited numbers (reduces squid factor)
3. It's green. :D
4. Will be a kick a$$ track bike.
5. It comes in a really cool color, green.
6. It matches my helmet (green).
7. Chicks dig green.

Just kidding. I wanted the 6RR ever since I heard it was coming out. I was about to get an '02 7R when I hear rumors about the 6RR. Thought I would wait and see what the 6RR had to offer. I like what I have seen so far and decided to go for it.

:D

·
Registered
860 Posts
Well, if it is green you are after then ok, I see where you are coming from. However, you have to agree that for everyday use the 6R will be the better bike out of the two.

Anyway, to answer your question:

I saw an ad on www.cycletrader.com for ZX6RR's. Pretty cheap if I can remember. I think it was Honda East in Toledo, OH. They listed a price of $7325! I'm sure there are some BS fees involved but it doesn't hurt to give a call and get the 411. Their number is 1-877-437-1631.

Post here on what they say if you do call.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got mine for 9759 Canadian plus tax. :D Me and two racer buddies order 4 for this coming season. There are only 250 coming to Canada. Kawasaki Canada giving racers them first. If there are any left then dealers can order them to sell to the public. My dealer needed our resume and a copy of our race license to order them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rumor has it that there will be only 1000 ZX-6RR's released to dealers in the US. That is about one per dealer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
personally, i think the lime green color is outdated. i want an RR too but since i dont race "yet" im going to go with a 636 and spend the extra cash on a PHAT green paintjob. (oh, and extra cash saved on insurance moving down from my 9!)

i didnt know that you cant get a 636 in green :greenflam

btw what happened to the :smoking smiley?!?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think I'll be doing the same thing as Caseman. I was really after a green 6R, but since it will not come in green I will have to pick out a custom green instead. Oh well :D

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Last press release I read at my dealership said that there would be plenty more 6RR than there was the 7RR. In anycase, if I decide to get the 6RR inastead of 6R, I can opt to swap the body with any other color I want, my dealer would be happy to help take care of that for me. :D

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
reaper21 said:
Rumor has it that there will be only 1000 ZX-6RR's released to dealers in the US. That is about one per dealer.
Kawi reps have gone on record saying that anyone who wants an RR will be able to get an RR. We shouldn't have the same problem we did with the 7RR a while back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I may sound like a cunt, but I think the RR would be so much cooler if it was a limited production piece. But then again all the squids will buy the R because it has 636cc.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Spike said:
I may sound like a cunt, but I think the RR would be so much cooler if it was a limited production piece. But then again all the squids will buy the R because it has 636cc.
True. But, because so many squids are stupid and don't even know what they're riding, you'll have a bunch that think the single R version is 'the shit' because it's got a 636 sticker on the side. The other group will be bragging about their extra R sticker making their bike faster. You can't win with those idiots no matter what you do.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Milo said:
True. But, because so many squids are stupid and don't even know what they're riding, you'll have a bunch that think the single R version is 'the shit' because it's got a 636 sticker on the side. The other group will be bragging about their extra R sticker making their bike faster. You can't win with those idiots no matter what you do.
SOLUTION: Buy the 12R and tell them idiots to shove thier lil' six up their arse! :laughing

I dunno man, I dunno what I'd get...the R or RR... :( I'm definately getting one, tho!

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
JackInTheBox said:
I dunno man, I dunno what I'd get...the R or RR... :( I'm definately getting one, tho!
Ditto, It's probably going to be more dependant on whether or not the 6rr is even available near me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts