Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else catch the ZX7R article in Sport rider?

How come I've never heard of the ZX7R being refered to as "Zed" before?
Why do I know the name Anthony Serpa?
Anyone else think those "football" turn sigs are ugly?
D&D on a ZX7? :barf

Last but not least..... why the hell are we so damn loyal? :laughing

·
Registered
10 Posts
I read it and was actually impressed that the ZX7 made some current print. Of course it was an episode of "This Old Bike" LOL. I had some simultaneous chuckle/frown at terms like "jurassic" and "anyone with common sense would have purchased something a few decades more current", "door-stop" quality shock etc. Never heard of 'Zed' either.

There was some decent info in there but I agree on the signals. Is it just me or do they appear to stick out past the front of the fairing? That would be an instant reason for me not to use them. I have seen plenty of D&D's on ZX7's but if I remember correctly (don't have the issue right in front of me) the can was the round one and looked too small on the bike.

As always, remarks about its inherent rock solid stability were right on. That was specifically one of the reasons I picked mine up along with the timeless good looks. I am an 'old school' sportbike person myself and the ZX7R fits me just fine.

-tm

·
USMC 0341 '89-'93
3,176 Posts
JumpmasterRT said:
How come I've never heard of the ZX7R being refered to as "Zed" before?
In the United Kingdom they don't say 'Z' like we do. They pronounce the letter 'Z' as Zed. Like A, B, C, D,.....X, Y, Zed. At least that was my experience when I lived in Cornwall. I also think this holds true to most any country that still speaks the queen's english, like in Canada (non-french), Oz, & Nz.

Most motorcyclist that have read mags from the UK like Superbike and Performance Bikes will tell you that they are a better mag. I think Sportrider & Motorcyclist are attempting to some what copy them as of late.

·
Premium Member
8,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: ZX7R Sport Rider Article

lawdog said:
In the United Kingdom they .....pronounce the letter 'Z' as Zed.
Ahhhhhhhh.. so should I say I've got a dinosaur or a Zed? :laughing

I don't care what anyone says... I LOVE my bike. :love2

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
I think they could have used an older version.

It is called "this Old Bike", use an old bike! 2001 is not old.:shake

they should have gotten a 91-95 for that article, afterall, it is supposed to be about bringing an older sportbike back to life, not adding bling to a 2 year old scoot.:shake

ZED X 7 AARRRGH
:redflip

·
19,663 Posts
SoWeGa said:
You're right, Karl; we throw around "ancient", "dinosaur", and "heavy as balls" around, and never give one thought to that prehistoric land barge you ride. I apologize for our insensitivity. :laughing :twofinger
:laughing my bike is still 14lbs lighter than a ZX7:laughing

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
But that bike is "old" No matter when the parts rolled off the assembly line.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I wondered about the D&D too. I almost wrote them to remind them about the long history between Kawi and Muzzys. Figured they may have forgotten, especially on a bike from that era (no old joke intended). :shake

Why on earth did they pick D&D, I'll never understand.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Or Akrapovic. After Muzzy left Superbike racing, it's always been Akrapovic with the WSBK and AMA Kawasaki teams.

I agree with all of you 7R fanatics. I will keep my 7R, even if it stops running. I'll take all fluids out and just keep it in my Kawasaki room. ZX7R FOREVER!!!

·
Premium Member
8,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
green_zx7r said:
Or Akrapovic. After Muzzy left Superbike racing, it's always been Akrapovic with the WSBK and AMA Kawasaki teams.

I agree with all of you 7R fanatics. I will keep my 7R, even if it stops running. I'll take all fluids out and just keep it in my Kawasaki room. ZX7R FOREVER!!!
Yeah, you BETTER.... just remember.... you're the most hated Zed owner here pal!!! :twofinger

Remember why? :laughing

·
Registered
295 Posts
:D
That experience I had at PPIR will forever be in my heart. That was simply an amazing experience...

But DAMN JumpmasterRT, I'd rather be able to ride the 7R like you than be a poser like myself. I have so much more respect for people like you who actually CAN ride rather than pretend like me!

·
Registered
106 Posts
They do still make it for 2004? I saw a left over 2002(Ithink thats the year it was) in the show room here... Its weird that this is the only bike that does not get updated ... ie ZX-636, 10, ect...
I ride with a guy who has a green 98, And if I remember correctly, It still looks pretty much the same??? I kinda like the upper, But I am not a big fan of the squared off tail section... I prefer the newer 636 tail, With factory undertail!

But my question here is: Do they still make the bike? and if so, Does it still look like the 2002?

·
USMC 0341 '89-'93
3,176 Posts
green_zx7r said:

If your also looking for a Kawasaki racing connection when looking for an exhaust system there is always Hindle exhaust systems. I use to watch all the Canadian Superbike/ Supersport races back when Speedvision use to cover them and I wish they'd bring them back because it is a great racing series.

Any how in Canada a lot of the factory teams, a lot of which were Kawasaki's, use Lang Hindle built exhaust systems. Lang Hindle is a former Kawasaki Superbike racer and founder of Hindle exhaust. Here is a link to Hindle's winning history in Canada

·
19,663 Posts
lawdog said:
If your also looking for a Kawasaki racing connection when looking for an exhaust system there is always Hindle exhaust systems. I use to watch all the Canadian Superbike/ Supersport races back when Speedvision use to cover them and I wish they'd bring them back because it is a great racing series.

Any how in Canada a lot of the factory teams, a lot of which were Kawasaki's, use Lang Hindle built exhaust systems. Lang Hindle is a former Kawasaki Superbike racer and founder of Hindle exhaust. Here is a link to Hindle's winning history in Canada
preach on Brutha!:thumb

·
Registered
10 Posts

2003 was the last year for the current ZX7R. Other than color changes, I believe it was unchanged from 2002.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Does your 2003 in your avatar have the same tail as the 1998's did? From the pic it looks smoother and less box-y than the older ones...

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the P series ZX7Rs has not changed AT ALL since 1996.

The only difference you may see cosmetically from the factory is if you bought the single seat ZX7RRs. Other than that, all ZX7Rs have the exact same body.

·
Have you seen Pauldun's frakking awesome post?
9,765 Posts
karl_1052 said:
I think they could have used an older version.

It is called "this Old Bike", use an old bike! 2001 is not old.:shake

they should have gotten a 91-95 for that article, afterall, it is supposed to be about bringing an older sportbike back to life, not adding bling to a 2 year old scoot.:shake

:redflip
I know, I know, I'm throwin' in a little late. But I coulda parted with my old Seven ('93) for a few days if they were gonna give it back all shiny and new. And maybe fixed my carbs while they were at it. How come they're wasting all that fancy fixin on some Canuck's bike?

Oh, Canada...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts