Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible? has anyone done it? Reason I ask is my wife really really likes the canadian 250 over the US one ( dont blame her ) So I figure if she is gonna have her own bike she might as well love the way it looks. Any help is appreciated.

Nate

·
Registered
12,907 Posts
Nate S said:
Is it possible? has anyone done it? Reason I ask is my wife really really likes the canadian 250 over the US one ( dont blame her ) So I figure if she is gonna have her own bike she might as well love the way it looks. Any help is appreciated.

Nate
I was wondering the same thing. I really wish Kawasaki would sell that model here. I love the looks of it, and I know it would sell here. If only it had like 5-10 more hp, it would be perfect! :D

·
Registered
445 Posts
I don't know how you would go about it. Maybe you need to contact your traffic authorities and see if you can just buy one and have it transported to you.

Mike what do you mean only if it had 5-10 more hp? Compared to what mate?

Cheers

·
Registered
12,907 Posts
Kwakazzr250 said:

Mike what do you mean only if it had 5-10 more hp? Compared to what mate?

Cheers
Well I was wondering.... someone had told me that the "import" version weighs just a bit more than the standard 250r (due to the different frame & plastics). Is this true?

Doesn't a stock Ninja 250r have 26-28 hp at the rear wheels? I think if Kawasaki made one just like yours.... added a little more hp to make up the difference for weight ....say 5-10 hp, I think that would be perfect. :) Or, how about 2 models? The import with 38 hp, and the standard 250 with 28 hp. :D

Mmmmm maybe if Kawasaki made a 500cc bike that looked just like the import 250... wow that would be great too. ;)

By the way the Aussie accent... I love it! :D I was telling my wife that someday... I'd love to fly & vacation in Australia. I've always wanted to go there. :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
the dry weight is up a little however not that much, but the aerodynamics are better. I outrun my mates 250 ninja, however he does weigh more than me. Do you know if you were to workout the power of the 250 per litre it will be right up there with some of the top road bikes going around. Interesting isn't it.

As for our accent, yeah most people from the US love it. I really love women with Irish or Scottish accents. I think they sound great.

If you want to head down this way, there is always a place for you to stay in sunny Queensland. I live right near the beach.

Cheers

·
Registered
12,907 Posts
Kwakazzr250 said:
the dry weight is up a little however not that much, but the aerodynamics are better. I outrun my mates 250 ninja, however he does weigh more than me. Do you know if you were to workout the power of the 250 per litre it will be right up there with some of the top road bikes going around. Interesting isn't it.

As for our accent, yeah most people from the US love it. I really love women with Irish or Scottish accents. I think they sound great.

If you want to head down this way, there is always a place for you to stay in sunny Queensland. I live right near the beach.

Cheers
Yes it is amazing. :) Now you know why I want one. :D

And yes Aussie girls.....wooohoo! Oh yeah mate! (wish the wife had the accent)

Awesome! If you ever come to the states....your always welcome at our home. :thumb

·
Registered
116 Posts
The weight listed in pounds on Kawasaki.ca's webpage is wrong...it's listed as 148kg or 304 lbs, but 148kg = 325ish lbs.

Here's a handy link comparing the different EX250 models:
http://ninja250.kingston.net/ninja250.html#noredir

Also, here is another handy link for information on importing a Canadian motorcycle to the US:
http://www.svrider.com/tips/importing.htm

As for wanting more power, there is also a ZXR-250 (aka ZX-2R), which is a 250cc inline four cylinder bike. I believe it makes a little more power than the EX250s we get here in Canada. Too bad they're not street legal (emissions I think) - they're only sold over in Japan and certain places in Asia, I think.

Brian

·
Registered
445 Posts
Brain said:

As for wanting more power, there is also a ZXR-250 (aka ZX-2R), which is a 250cc inline four cylinder bike. I believe it makes a little more power than the EX250s we get here in Canada. Too bad they're not street legal (emissions I think) - they're only sold over in Japan and certain places in Asia, I think.

Brian
ZXR 250
249 cc
Bore/Stroke 48 x 34.5 mm
weight 171 kg
Tyre size Rear 140/60/18
Front 110/70/17
Fuel 16ltrs plus 2 reserve.

Water cooled four stroke with 4 valves per cyclinder. Twin Spar alloy frame, Alloy swing arm, upside down forks, twin front discs, alloy muffler, single headlight.

ZZR 250
249 cc
Bore/stroke 62.0 x 41.2 mm
Weight 148 kg
Tyre Size rear 140/70/17
front 100/80/17
Fuel 18 ltrs with 2 reserve

Water colled 4 stroke inline twin with 4 valves per cylinder head. Twin cam. Twin spare alloy frame, alloy swingarm, single front disc, twin mufflers, single headlight. Estimated Power per litre 120 hp/Ltr

So the ZXR 250 might have some more grunt but she is carrying extra weight. I would like to see a race between both in a straight line. I think around the track the ZXR will have it over, due to better handling etc.

Cheers

·
Registered
116 Posts
Do they sell ZXR's in Australia, or are they also grey-market imported? I guess the question is, do they still make them? I can't seem to find any information about them in english.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Brain we get them in as a grey import as well. I don't know what year Kawasaki stopped making them. They were orignally made to complete with the Honda CBR250 RR in Japan for their 250 road racing series.

Cheers

·
Registered
904 Posts
importing a bike from canada?
it was posted somewhere before, not a 250 specifically but a bike, cant remember what board or what forum but from what i can remember all the guy had to do was make sure the speedometer displayed mph instead of kph (digital spedo) fill out a some paperwork at customs and thats it...

if i can find it again, i'll post it here...

but maybe a post in the general cf sportbike forum would get you a quicker response....

·
Registered
669 Posts
nace said:
importing a bike from canada?
it was posted somewhere before, not a 250 specifically but a bike, cant remember what board or what forum but from what i can remember all the guy had to do was make sure the speedometer displayed mph instead of kph (digital spedo) fill out a some paperwork at customs and thats it...

if i can find it again, i'll post it here...

but maybe a post in the general cf sportbike forum would get you a quicker response....
I'm not so sure that's true.. One of my riding buddies imported her SV from Canada, it's still kph.

·
Registered
116 Posts
nace said:
if it's analog, iwould imagine it is the same as in your car, you will have both mph and kph:confused
Some have both, but all the EX250s I've seen around here only had Km/h on the speedo (analog). It depends on the bike (and the car for that matter - my friend's BMW only has Km/h as well).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts